Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Pictures
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 04-07-2012, 08:22 PM   #1 
Sena Hansler

Red face addicted and loving it ;)

Darn rights I went on a random shopping spree.

By the way, ANY of you come to West Edmonton Mall AVOID THAT PJ'S PETS LIKE THE PLAGUE. they had bettas in 0.25 gallons, to let's say 1 gallon for display, all had fin rot, and one had the terrible dropsy despite his strong willingness to flare to me and show how awesome he could've been. And the people don't know ANYTHING about the fish. Ugh.

Anyways we went to a Petsmart in a different area... people were curteous, friendly, and actually cared for the fish. I pointed out a columnaris victim and a fin rot victim (both VT male bettas) and she cared about that. Lovely

Anywho... I got 5 females. Out of like...the 8 they had xD I was tempted for the "just glass tank no hood no filter" 20 long, for 40.00 but instead got plants for the tanks I have... The sorority will be in the 40 and hopefully integrate 99% of the non-sorority bettas. Here are my new females....

In order, a lovely gal with green on her... Hard to see, but the water was still blue even after a water change. She is a submissive dalmation :) (ooooh aaaah)

the next is a dark bodied beauty with red tipped fins, who is dominant (flares, actually...)...

The third is a dark steel blue with red iridescence, who is also one who loves to flare :)

The fourth has red fins, that's all I know until she colors up better

The fifth is a nice royal blue on black, although the color is common I love it.

And for those who never saw Holly, my not-so-recent-but-recent-enough-and-has-no-pictures she is the last one xD She was bought as a purple and she became blue LOL. she has glints of purple, and glints of red -.- and has spots on her caudal....except you cannot tell because she had a scat with Savannah and lost a chunk of her fin
Attached Images

Sena Hansler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 09:00 PM   #2 
Luimeril

submissive dalmatian? what's that mean?
Luimeril is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 09:03 PM   #3 
betta lover1507

there beautiful, love them all lol
betta lover1507 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 09:13 PM   #4 
MrVampire181

Some wrong color info on there. First girl is a bi color, not a dalmation. Also don't jump to conclusions on personality. Just because she's not flaring doesn't mean she won't take the others out in a heart beat.
MrVampire181 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 09:42 PM   #5 
Sena Hansler

I mean she is more submissive. She shows submission signs a lot of the time which I have yet to have a dominant/aggressive gal who would do that except in breeding time. She's got the dalmation spots on her fins, just like Dally, who is a pale orange dalmation VT... hard to see in the picture but they're there. Technically, isn't that a dalmation? Or just blemishes?

I said their coloring as they are right now, who knows what they WILL be.

and thank you betta lover lol I love them all too.

Last edited by Sena Hansler; 04-07-2012 at 09:48 PM.
Old 04-07-2012, 10:18 PM   #6 
Sena Hansler

ack! I just read what I put and I didn't mean to sound defensive or anything I'm serious though... what classifies a dalmation? she's gotten spots, and considering better care usually brings color out (like Dally's spots came out more after I got him), so who knows what'll happen :3
Old 04-07-2012, 10:22 PM   #7 
mattoboy

They look great! Pics of sorority when done please :D
mattoboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 10:30 PM   #8 
Sena Hansler

I will :) I just cleaned the 40 gallon lol. Most of what the 4 original gals were squished with into a 10 will be added to it, plus the plants. I found some awesome soft plants!!! 4.00 each, but they weigh themselves down without needing to ancor or bury them The moneywort or whatever they called it -tired- and the cambomba are in quarantine. There are some...different snails than I am used to in there, but this way I can flush 'em out if I do not want them =D

hopefully ALL can be together. i will add all of them on equal grounds in a strange tank (seeded) that is NO ONE'S territory, float them together, add them together. Hopefully they are going to be willing If not I'm guessing 1-2 will have to be separated.
Old 04-08-2012, 09:55 AM   #9 
Sena Hansler

So far, I know I have a spade tail (the dalmation/bi-colored), 5 combtails, and the rest are VT...except one has a rounder tail than the rest Anyways, it's like a mexican stand off between 4 who are ranking for alpha... Marge already stepped down and has a little tear in her fin, so now I wonder who it will be... The Royal blue, steel blue/red, the clear-finned gal, or Savannah..... I've added almost everything i have asides from a few things left in other tanks for other fish xDD
Old 04-10-2012, 09:04 AM   #10 
Sena Hansler

The picture is blurry, my bad. But as you can see they're getting along after their little scat to find out who's who in the tank-rank eagerly begging for food Rose's popeye has gone down, I had her in the breeding net to recover.

The "bi color" spade tail gal lost her spots, and her fins have become more of an irridescent yellow and green, and her body has green she has a tiny nick on her fins... The three blues however tore each other's fins apart, and now they are besties. Holly has gotten more purple again.
Attached Images