Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Pictures
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 04-10-2012, 09:16 AM   #11 
cp6445

They are beautiful! So much fun... Have you had to separate any of them?
Makes me want to try a sorority again:)

Keep us posted!
cp6445 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 09:23 AM   #12 
Sena Hansler

thanks!

I had to pull out only Rose... who actually like the little black and red one, is the lowest ranking. And she got smucked in the eye so had a little popeye problem lol.... poor thing. I just let them deck it out... watching them for any severe abuse of course lol!!!

This is the first time I've never had to separate a female for aggression. I had the breeders net in there for that reason... There were some missing scales, a booboo here and there (minor), shredded fins.... But they've done good =D they don't flare at each other anymore, and if they do it's a flare and pass thing. So... total females in there: 10. Marge's sister Tina had gotten severely attacked by Zebra (which surprised me) a while ago and is still in her own tank. I won't let her go back until the fin has grown decently back.
Sena Hansler is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 02:49 PM   #13 
Jessicatm137

They are all beautiful. :)
Jessicatm137 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 03:14 PM   #14 
Sena Hansler

Old 04-10-2012, 03:33 PM   #15 
tpocicat

They are all very pretty.

BTW, my understanding of a dalmation is an orange betta with darker orange/red spots on the fins.
tpocicat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 03:40 PM   #16 
Sena Hansler

Thanks

I think there's also white and rarely blue dalmations :) that's all I got about dals All I know when I got her she was pretty and had spots on her fins =D dark orange, spots o_O But now she's colored up a LOT better, she's lost most of her spots and made way for irridescent coloring ^^ any spots she has left are going more magenta if anything. Someone gave me a camera, but it's only good for outdoor use :/ and cannot send pics to the computer >< all well :) I'll snag my bf's phone when I can get them in better light LOL.

But I will say, a 40 for 10 girls is definitely great >< especially since a lot of them were aggressive in the beginning :o I do wonder...who's the alpha? :/ I think it's one of the royal blues xDD
Old 04-10-2012, 03:55 PM   #17 
MaisyDawgThirteen

Pretty girls! ;)

There is someone on the forum (I'm not sure who xD) who has a purple dalmation named Ludendorff (I think . . .).
MaisyDawgThirteen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 04:08 PM   #18 
Sena Hansler

that's awesome xD a purple one? darn... all well I love my green girl :3 she isn't teal, and doesn't lean towards blue for her green which is perfect ^^ so now I have red, purple, magenta(ish...depends on her mood xDD), blue, and green xDD All I am missing is a yellow gal HAHA
Old 04-10-2012, 04:17 PM   #19 
Brendans

wooaaahhhh you're from Edmonton :D There's an awesome store in South side called Big Al's with huge variety. They get pricey tho but maybe check it out one day :)
Brendans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 04:17 PM   #20 
Luimeril

true dals are the orange with red spots, and the brown pineapple with orange fins and red spots. :I that's what i consider a dal. the white with blue spots and white with black spots.... those aren't dals to me. they're just possible marbles.
Luimeril is offline   Reply With Quote