Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Pictures
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 04-10-2012, 04:25 PM   #21 
kfish

That fourth one looks like she'll be gorgeous when she settles in!
kfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 04:29 PM   #22 
NoahG

Hey, Sena, there's a yellow gal right now where I work...

Haha, I had to mention her when I saw your remark: she's been tempting me! I check on her when I work -- the metallic blue girl I had my eye on appears to have been sold.

That said, very nice!
NoahG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 04:40 PM   #23 
Sena Hansler

Brendan... THERE IS?? O_O never heard of it..... you know where in Edmonton it is?? xD

Luimeril, hmm okay okay whichever the matter they're all purty ^^

Kfish she is pretty now :) she's black with her red coloring hehe

Noah awww D: lol. yellow ones are hard to come by here
Sena Hansler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 04:48 PM   #24 
Brendans

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sena Hansler View Post
Brendan... THERE IS?? O_O never heard of it..... you know where in Edmonton it is?? xD

Luimeril, hmm okay okay whichever the matter they're all purty ^^

Kfish she is pretty now :) she's black with her red coloring hehe

Noah awww D: lol. yellow ones are hard to come by here
3511 99TH Street NW
Not to get your hopes high or anything but it was huge to me. Theres a lady at work who has a betta fish at her work desk and i really wanted one too. Did my research, realized those .5 galon designer tanks are torture chambers, found out about different tail types and colors and fell in love with halfmoons. I only remember seeing red and blue veiltails at PJ's petsmarts but another coworker told me about big Al's.

I ended up with a pretty gorgeous light purple halfmoon boy. Cost me 40$...so its like an AB purchase, w/o worrying about shipping and stuff:P

I think you're into females and I didnt pay much attention to them since I wanted a halfmoon boy. But i remember a dragon female there.

hope I'm not setting you up for dissapointment! imo i think the selection is good but I dont know anything about fin quality and stuff. and 40$ is the highest price there. There were veil tails for like 4$ lol. sorry for the essay
Brendans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 04:50 PM   #25 
Brendans

http://www.bettafish.com/showthread.php?t=96632
there are pictures of my fishy on this thread ( I was freaking out about a hole in his fin>_> yay newbie syndrome)
Old 04-10-2012, 05:04 PM   #26 
Sena Hansler

Where the heck do you live? I might look into it.

(also the person saying 82-84 for bettas is better... on your thread... 78-80 is just fine =D) Your betta is so pretty =D

yeah at PJ'S they wanted 25.00 for a "metallic betta". uhhh.... sorry but no such thing really. It's coloring that's all :3 I think they meant dragon scale. woulda been cool if the halfmoon WAS a dragonscale. But he wasn't. he just happened to have shiny coloring, like some of my females who have metallic teal xDD I'd be willing to pay for quality and tail type. And proper labelling
Old 04-10-2012, 05:05 PM   #27 
NoahG

The yellow girl is adorable...I'm fighting the urge to just buy her since I'd really like to do a sorority after the move, but I know it's not a good idea. I'm pressing my luck having brought Sharkfin home, but I just couldn't leave him there with his fins as badly damaged as they were.

Still tempting though...oh so tempting...

We've actually been getting quite a few yellows at work, starting with the yellow girl, then a yellow VT male, then a yellow dragon HM and a yellow dragon HMPK (also an orange HMPK). Our selection has really been improving at my store. We're getting all kinds of colors lately now.
Old 04-10-2012, 05:12 PM   #28 
Brendans

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sena Hansler View Post
Where the heck do you live? I might look into it.

(also the person saying 82-84 for bettas is better... on your thread... 78-80 is just fine =D) Your betta is so pretty =D

yeah at PJ'S they wanted 25.00 for a "metallic betta". uhhh.... sorry but no such thing really. It's coloring that's all :3 I think they meant dragon scale. woulda been cool if the halfmoon WAS a dragonscale. But he wasn't. he just happened to have shiny coloring, like some of my females who have metallic teal xDD I'd be willing to pay for quality and tail type. And proper labelling
yah his water is at 82 now, though my dad tries to tell me it's too warm >_> I try to tell him that bettas come from his home country (we're asian) and he's like, water doesnt get that warm LOL

anyways yah I dont know much about quality but there were crowntails and stuff too. Again I know there *was* variety but I can't tell you specifics. I zoomed straight to the halfmoons. Boiled down between Brendan and a red-white betta. But Brendan is a purple you dont often see (I think) So i brought him home.

Oh yah, and I probably live where you live ;)
Old 04-10-2012, 05:57 PM   #29 
Sena Hansler

well i live in lame ol' Camrose :/ lol.

My mom always complained the water was too COLD for Mister and Finicky. so I got heaters and they had 78 degrees almost always LOL.

finally someone who lives near me xDD I wanted the halfmoon from PJ's because he had such AWESOME finnage I've seen on a pet store halfmoon.... but 25.00 for mislabelled from a store of Betta Murderers....no way!

Oh, Noah, that is what it was like with El Dorado. only problem with him is that his immune system ALWAYS sucked. But he was a YELLOW yellow lol!

Last edited by Sena Hansler; 04-10-2012 at 06:00 PM.
Old 04-10-2012, 06:23 PM   #30 
NoahG

You mean with his fins? Or...am I misunderstanding? I can't remember El Dorado's story...

Or do you mean the "tempting, oh so tempting" bit? Haha