Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Other Fish
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 04-19-2012, 04:48 AM   #51 
jase

some quality LED will be the best, but really expensive T-T
Are you going to add a sump/ nano skimmer to your set up?

I wish that my Bio teacher could be like that, got my eyes on thoses angel frys he's breeding :)

Last edited by jase; 04-19-2012 at 04:53 AM.
jase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 01:35 PM   #52 
Amphibianite

So now time for me to asking on stocking advice from the experts haha.

As previous mentioned I have a 35 gal corner tank, lots and lots of hiding places and appearently an amazing sump or so I have been told. I will be adding pictures of the tank and sump to this post.

Currently in the tank

fish -
3 yellowtail blue damsels all very peaceful with eachother
1 green clown goby (gone off into hiding -_- figured I wouldn't see it much till it grows comfortable with the tank and get bigger)

Inverts
1 turbo snail
1 turban snail
1 hermit crab

Now comes the help

My current idea is to get a few more hermits for cleaning duty, an emerald crab but will it be safe with the goby and other inverts? I have read of some aggression with them.
I am thinking of getting 2 Fire fish as well.

Now I do not know what the bio-load of these fish are I am still rather new to Salt Water.

So stocking suggestions are welcome.
I want fish that will add color(because who ever designed this tank made the two back panels out of black plexiglass -___-
Peaceful - I want a new peaceful as possible community.
Live Plants! - I know there are live saltwater plants best I can find right now is some seaweed like stuff that my LFS wants to charge 5 bucks a handful. Suggestions would be loved.

Now the pictures. The front of the tank is scratched to hell the previous owner did not take wonderful care of it -_- but it is also an older tank at least 15 years from my understanding.
Attached Images

Amphibianite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 02:15 PM   #53 
onefish2fish

the damsels will grow and become very territorial. overtime those bioballs will prob. cause you problems too collecting debris allowing it to break down into excess nutrients. be sure to clean a few each week, or even better slowly remove a few each week.
what kind of lighting are you running? some algaes can go sexual and tank over a tank so researching different kinds is a good idea.
onefish2fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 02:27 PM   #54 
Amphibianite

The current lighting is 18'' 457 mm
15 watt T8
zoo med aquatic
Ocean Sun 10,000k

It came with the tank, I have only had this tank for just over 2 weeks so I am still trying to figure everything out right and do the best I can for everything.
Amphibianite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 03:11 PM   #55 
kfryman

Just saying T5s have dropped on price as they aren't really as new. LEDs are the new lighting so most bulbs are cheaper. Some T5s are under $100 so just look around. Oh and T5s are way mkre energy efficient compared to T8s for the light they give out. LEDs are cheapest to run though so do some math on that and find out the best value for you.
kfryman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 04:33 PM   #56 
kfryman

I was browsing eBay and they have some crazy nice T5 HO that are actually cheap for being an actual name brand light fixture. There are some that are quad lights ons so one so check it out, there was a 24" quad that comes with the bulbs for reefs as well...
kfryman is offline   Reply With Quote