Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 04-10-2012, 09:05 AM   #31 
Fabian

What size is it now?
Fabian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 09:08 AM   #32 
OMGemily

still about half an inch. maybe slightly longer. i only bought him/her two days ago. the water is MUCH cleaner though. i couldnt really change it untill last night. i was just sucking up the debris in a syringe. looks much happier now though :) i put some of Antiones IAL water in the cup so hopefully that will help
OMGemily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 06:41 PM   #33 
Fabian

Mine can eat big BW and about an inch in size.May be feed him small ones.
Old 04-10-2012, 08:00 PM   #34 
OMGemily

i just feeed him crushed pellets. he seems to like them and its easier for me. Antione absolutely loves the blood worms though haha also putting him in the 5.5 today :) waiting for it to heat up now
Old 04-10-2012, 10:18 PM   #35 
OMGemily

well... good news, i think mystery baby might be a crown tail :) maybe all baby bettas look like that but it looks like her rays extend past the webbing :) also looks like double rays to me :)
(possible) bad news: his fins have been clamped all day :( last time this happened the betta died... with no other apparent symptoms... can this also be bad for baby bettas?
Old 04-10-2012, 11:55 PM   #36 
indjo
TFK Moderator

Could be stress being in his new tank with (probably) different water chemistry. Give him a day or two to adjust. If his condition doesn't change, try medication. My "first aid" med is usually IAL and salt which often solves stress issues but not real diseases. IMO the key is often getting him to eat which will help build his strength and immune system.

Good luck. Hope it's nothing serious.
indjo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 02:15 AM   #37 
Fabian

Add some live plants so she or he can hide in it.
Old 04-11-2012, 02:49 AM   #38 
OMGemily

Quote:
Originally Posted by indjo View Post
Could be stress being in his new tank with (probably) different water chemistry. Give him a day or two to adjust. If his condition doesn't change, try medication. My "first aid" med is usually IAL and salt which often solves stress issues but not real diseases. IMO the key is often getting him to eat which will help build his strength and immune system.

Good luck. Hope it's nothing serious.
the clamping actually started in his cup, but im happy to hear you say that because his tank has IAL in it already :) so hopefully thatll help. how much should i feed him? i fed him one crushed pellet at a time 3 or 4 times yesterday. should i be feeding him more?
Old 04-11-2012, 11:07 AM   #39 
tpocicat

How is he/she doing today? I sure hope your baby is doing better in the new tank with IAL. I would try feeding and see how that goes. If they eat, that is always good news.
tpocicat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 01:41 PM   #40 
indjo
TFK Moderator

I feed fry all they would eat - but I've never used pellets. I mostly feed live tubifex, daphnia, mosq larva, ant eggs Or frozen bloodworm and minced shrimp. So I'm not worried about bloating and have too few, if ever, to mention.

3 - 4 times feeding sounds good..... during the following feeding schedule, is his belly still fat from the previous food? If he can digest his food fast enough, you can feed him more per feeding. But if he hasn't digested all of the previous food, then stick to your current feeding.
indjo is offline   Reply With Quote