Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 04-09-2012, 09:27 PM   #1 
kmcclasky

soroity update

Okay my husband got me a 10 gallon long tank and two more females that where small and a Chinese catfish that helps clean the left over food also he got me the cutest silk plant my little ember has claimed it as her own its so funny. Will have pics up in album soon of my two new girls named mermaidia and mystic.
kmcclasky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 09:40 PM   #2 
Shirleythebetta

I have never heard of a chinese catfish. Do you mean catfish or algae eater? I believe the catfish is a river fish of sorts? If you mean chinese algae eater you could have some problems with him....
Shirleythebetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 10:30 PM   #3 
kmcclasky

Yeah chienese skyward eater why what kind of problems
Old 04-09-2012, 10:43 PM   #4 
Bombalurina

Chinese Algae Eaters get absolutely huge and become aggressive as they age. At first, they are content to eat algae, but mature CAEs prefer the slimecoat of other fish. Rehome it ASAP.

How many girls do you have in this ten gallon? If all 8 in your signature are in there, that's pretty crowded...
Bombalurina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 11:45 PM   #5 
kmcclasky

Would Teresa work if so what kind?
Old 04-09-2012, 11:46 PM   #6 
kmcclasky

Tetras
Old 04-10-2012, 12:05 AM   #7 
LittleBettaFish

Essentially in a 10 gallon you would be limited to only your females. If you have ten females that is fairly heavily stocked and I would not add any other fish, bettas or otherwise.

Take back your CAE. No one ever wants them in their tank as they are aggressive, territorial and grow to a decent size.

If you have not properly cycled your tank you are going to have to either stuff it with lots and lots of fast-growing, ammonia-absorbing stems, or be doing large water changes several times a week for probably the next 3-4 weeks.

If you are not familiar with the cycling process, please research it. A sorority is not the place to be fumbling your way through the ABCs of water chemistry. I just say this as a sorority is a stressful environment for bettas, and I recently had issues with my own sorority due to a sudden and unexpected ammonia spike that caused me to have to euthanise several of my females.
LittleBettaFish is offline   Reply With Quote