Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 04-13-2012, 01:38 AM   #11 
Tikibirds

Quote:
Since I first posted this, my sick betta has died. She definitely pine-coned. She is not the first I have lost to dropsy. She is the third so I know what it looks like but she wasn't bloated at all, just really pale and lethargic.
I think most cases of dropsy are initially caused by an internal bacterial infection. Did you have them long?

Quote:
Should I still do a 100% water change?
I am honestly not sure. Have you changed any of the water while using meds? I'm thinking you should at least do a partial change.

Quote:
I know now that I shouldn't have used all of these methods at the same time but I was scared.
I think every one does that at some point. I lost a few soerity girls to some weird flesh eating bacteria. I tried EVERYTHING for them and nothing worked. it was like some weird, mutated form of columnaris.
Tikibirds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 02:02 AM   #12 
ravenwinds

I would probably do a 100% water change, if for no other reason than to get rid of meds still in water( btw, I have freaked before too, and used multiple meds on my fish...an antibiotic, ES, and general cure...it worked for their internal bacterial inf.). I would also do it just to make sure that clear white fungus(probably) is out of the tank....probably not the culprit for recent dropsy cases, though...I have seen it on occasion when I have misssed removing some food overnight...a good cleaning and scrub down works well.
I am sorry for your loss. :(
ravenwinds is offline   Reply With Quote