Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Finless Friends
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 04-12-2012, 10:13 PM   #51 
Olympia
TFK Moderator

That was a really interesting article copper, even for someone who doesn't have a bird like me. I love animal nutrition.
It's really sad, most pet stores will try and sell garbage food for pretty much all your pets :/ on the other hand, the seed I feed my wild birds must be fresh cause it's always sprouting in the feeder after it rains xD
I found that weird that toucans need distilled water cause they can't have iron o.o good to know though since a toucan/aracari is one of my life goals :D
Olympia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 10:54 PM   #52 
Shirleythebetta

My mom has a blue Parakeet. He is a chatter box. My dad has a turkey call thing and is trying to teach him how to make turkey noises. Ugh. Glad I am not my mom. He is skittish though and they have had him for a month. I tell you what I would suggest. A Pacman frog. The setup is within your range and they eat live crickets and worms and such. They are neat and I wish had another.
Shirleythebetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 10:55 PM   #53 
Shirleythebetta

p.s. my mother just texted me to tell you everything she got for him was less than a hundred over here in Ohio. Don't know about where you are from. She got him a huge cage and tons of toys and a fuzzy bed thing for under a hundred.
Old 04-13-2012, 06:15 AM   #54 
MadameDesu

Yeah, I can agree with the noise thing. My best friend in high school had budgies, and they were ALWAYS chattering. Until you put the blanket over the cage, lol
MadameDesu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 06:24 AM   #55 
Shirleythebetta

Yea he gets agravating on visits sometimes but he makes up for it in cutness. :)
Old 04-13-2012, 01:33 PM   #56 
finnfinnfriend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aluyasha View Post
I own a dwarf hamster. Hams should be in a cage more the size of a 20g or maybe a 10g with tubes that connect to more cages. Mice can be in 10g though (if you have lots of toys and maybe even a play area).
My ham is in a 30g
finnfinnfriend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 01:38 PM   #57 
finnfinnfriend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shirleythebetta View Post
p.s. my mother just texted me to tell you everything she got for him was less than a hundred over here in Ohio. Don't know about where you are from. She got him a huge cage and tons of toys and a fuzzy bed thing for under a hundred.
Thank you! I am in Cali so the setup would probably be more new but I'm thinking about getting a used setup and disinfecting it. I like the way pacman frogs look but I'm really looking for more of a little companion, and I think it kinda hurts frogs to touch them. (At least a lot)
Old 04-13-2012, 03:45 PM   #58 
finnfinnfriend

You know what though? Now I am kind of worried about how much noise he will make....Do they chirp all day long? Are they quiet at night? Will I be able to watch T.V. in my room in peace ever? I have to keep him in my room...
Old 04-13-2012, 03:57 PM   #59 
Olympia
TFK Moderator

If your room is small, I wouldn't put him in there.
Birds cause a lot of dander and you wouldn't want to get something like bird lung disease.
However it is just one budgie. o-o
Olympia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 04:11 PM   #60 
finnfinnfriend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olympia View Post
If your room is small, I wouldn't put him in there.
Birds cause a lot of dander and you wouldn't want to get something like bird lung disease.
However it is just one budgie. o-o
Oh it's actually a huge room lol. My boyfriend and I have our full bed in there, then about 8 feet of nothing, then the bulky tv lol. It's bigger than some living rooms I've seen