Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Pictures
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 03-15-2012, 08:08 PM   #1 
lilyth88

Hello Everyone! Pics of my bettas.

I am new to the forums, so I thought I would start off by posting pictures of my babies.

This picture is of Sookie and Spartacus. Sookie is the pink one and is a female betta. Spartacus is the blue one in this picture. This photo was taken one of the times Sookie "hopped the fence" onto Spartacus' side. Spartacus passed away a few days ago, unfortunately. This is an old picture, Sookie is quite a bit larger now, but in honor of Spartacus, I thought I would post a picture that shows the two buddies together.

This is the newest addition to our family, Gandalf. He is a Half-Moon betta and we got him shortly after Spartacus passed away this week. He has discovered a slight gap in the fence separating his area from Sookie's and is just small enough to fit through. Sookie doesn't seem to mind his frequent visits one bit.
lilyth88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 08:24 PM   #2 
ZergyMonster

That is funny, I have a halfmoon named Gandalf too(he is my avatar). The best of luck with your new boy.
ZergyMonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 08:28 PM   #3 
lilyth88

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZergyMonster View Post
That is funny, I have a halfmoon named Gandalf too(he is my avatar). The best of luck with your new boy.
Thanks. I was a little worried when he discovered the little gap in the fence and started going onto Sookie's side since he is SO much smaller than her, but she hasn't seemed to care.

Sookie has a huge personality too. The second you put your face up to the glass.. wham.. there she is! Whenever Spartacus (R.I.P.) would flare for her, she'd just be like... "Psshh.. You can't handle this!" and then she'd shake her fins at him and swim away. She loves to jump OVER the fence as well. It about gave me a heart attack the first time she did that. I even got it on video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=erZa_...1&feature=plcp
Old 03-15-2012, 09:30 PM   #4 
betta lover1507

sorry about spartacus :( good luck with the other too, i love sookie's colors :) a very cute combodian
betta lover1507 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 09:33 PM   #5 
lilyth88

Quote:
Originally Posted by betta lover1507 View Post
sorry about spartacus :( good luck with the other too, i love sookie's colors :) a very cute combodian
Is she a Cambodian? I don't know the different color variations by heart, but I did just discover that other thread here on the forums that explains them. Any idea what kind she is?
Old 03-15-2012, 09:52 PM   #6 
lvandert

Cute video! All of a sudden no fishy in the water, and then bam fish on the other side :P I taught one of my girls to jump and hit my finger for food :P I think its adorable when they get all jumpy
lvandert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 09:54 PM   #7 
lilyth88

Quote:
Originally Posted by lvandert View Post
Cute video! All of a sudden no fishy in the water, and then bam fish on the other side :P I taught one of my girls to jump and hit my finger for food :P I think its adorable when they get all jumpy
Oh, I know. Spartacus did it a few times, and she did it quite a few times, but we never actually saw either of them do it. One day, I figured I'd set up a camera. That video has given us a laugh plenty of times!

Gandalf and Sookie have started flaring and dancing for each other today. It's pretty cute because she is so much larger than he is. I just want to yell, "YOU GO, COUGAR!"
Old 03-15-2012, 09:59 PM   #8 
MadameDesu

That video made my night! What a talented little one!
MadameDesu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 10:02 PM   #9 
lvandert

lol! by chance is she a giant or king? They can be pretty big, I think my Big Red is like 3 inches not including tail...
lvandert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 10:04 PM   #10 
lilyth88

Quote:
Originally Posted by lvandert View Post
lol! by chance is she a giant or king? They can be pretty big, I think my Big Red is like 3 inches not including tail...
I have no idea. I'd say she's about 2.5 inches long (with tail.) Also, her tail looks more "spade" shaped to me when comparing it to the pictures on the other thread that describe the different shapes, but I am by no means an expert.