Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 04-11-2012, 07:54 AM   #1 
TakoLuLu

Do you ever dream about them?

I was wondering if any of us ever dream about our fish, taking care of them, etc. I ask because of a totally wacko dream I had last night.

I dreamed that I took the bus to the LFS. It was in the same place it is in real life except now it was the size of a large PETCO. Also, it was no longer primarily a marine store, it catered to freshwater needs! Details I specifically remember include: a live plant section that looked like a really snazzy supermarket produce section, they were playing really tacky elevator/hold music over the store sound system, they had a section about the size of the fish section at most petcos that was floor to ceiling packed with 2gallon cubes, each containing a betta. I had a look around & then spent the rest of my time there reading fish food labels for ingredients & guaranteed protien analysis, but I couldn't find anything where the third ingredient down wasn't something really weird. I'd start out thinking "oh wow, this is really high quality stuff!" & then the third ingredient would be something wacko like Bacon or tacos or Ham or pizza. Also totally weird? I left the store without buying a thing!

Anyone else ever have weird fish dreams?
TakoLuLu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 08:58 AM   #2 
Laki

AHAHA!! Awesome! Sounds pretty cool if you ask me. I love strange betta dreams. I cannot remember any off hand atm but I do occasionally have dreams where the bettas are "swimming" in our environment.. Like birds.
Laki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 09:07 AM   #3 
TakoLuLu

Definitely a dream I'd like to visit in real life, lol! I've dreamed about fish swimming through air before too, it was pretty!
Old 04-11-2012, 10:28 AM   #4 
Sivan

I dream about them all the time but they usually aren't good dreams. I usually have nightmares of trying to save them and they end up dying no matter what I do. Or sometimes I have nightmares that Fabio is still alive and I try to change his water but something always goes wrong and he ends up melting or having a heat attack. :(
Sivan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 08:26 AM   #5 
swatid99

Ive had dreams where my fishy was trying to attack me and had big teeth. But it's cool when I wake up, I see my cute adorable fishy that would never harm me.. LOL
swatid99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 08:35 AM   #6 
fleetfish

I've dreamed about this fantastic betta warehouse type place. Rows and rows and rows of beautiful bettas, and all you had to do was find one you liked and he or she would be yours. They all had incredible colours and such ... like purple and green and orange. Some were glow in the dark or changed colours. I think, in my dream, I chose a neon yellow CT who was on sale for half price. When I went there the next day to get MORE bettas, the warehouse was gone and in its place was this odd play structure thing.

I've also had flying fish dreams, where they just follow me ... so adorable. :)

Last edited by fleetfish; 04-16-2012 at 08:42 AM.
fleetfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 08:39 AM   #7 
swatid99

FleetFish, sounds like an interesting dream. Lol maybe your in the buy a new fishy mode... I think I dream of mine because they are the last I look at and talk to before I sleep. I spend hours staring and interacting with them..
swatid99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 08:43 AM   #8 
TakoLuLu

Wow, that betta warehouse sounds neat. However, the freeze dried bettas thing would freak me out, lol!
Old 04-16-2012, 10:19 AM   #9 
Luimeril

i had a dream recently where the landlord was putting tanks in the storage house next to my house. there were tanks of all sizes, and some still had fish in them! like, one huge tank had a pair of gourami in it!

then, in a smaller tank, there was a betta. poor boy was super stressed and had nasty fin rot, and his tank was so dirty, a gel was forming on top of his water! i took him and his tank and stole him away to my house. he looked like he was supposed to be a red, but was so clamped and stressed. :I
Luimeril is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 10:46 AM   #10 
lilyth88

For some reason, I had a dream about putting shrimp in Chronos' tank last night.
lilyth88 is offline   Reply With Quote