Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 04-11-2012, 09:16 AM   #1 
Pogthefish

How to transport my betta to cubscouts?

My mom wants me to take one of my most interesting fish for the cubscouts and I chose Pog because he is is a smaller tank, its cooler looking, more boyish, and hes a beautiful boy. I'm owrried about keeping him warm so i will wait for a warmer day, and im worried about the tank spilling too, should i move him to another tank? maybe one of those plastic food containers but i want to use the good looking tank. how can I do this? I would be devastated if anything happened to him.

Anyone no if the scouts are allowed to take a field trip to our house to see all the fish instead of one? just curious.
Pogthefish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 09:52 AM   #2 
Laki

When I was a leader with Girl Guides the girls were allowed to go on field trips as long as the parents consented. The ones who weren't allowed (which I don't think we had any) were kept at the regular location with a leader to play and do a badge or something. We did Easter egg hunts, rode the public transit, went on a sleep over and yea, maybe just have your boyscouts come to your house for their weekly meeting. That way you can REALLY show proper care and set-up!

I love the idea BTW!! The small animal rescue here did a bunny-ferret playdate with Girl Guides to learn proper care etc...
Laki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 11:31 AM   #3 
Sivan

When my brother was in the cubscouts he would sometimes go to other scouts' homes for meetings. I wouldn't move the fish just to show him to people because it might stress him out.
Sivan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 12:21 PM   #4 
Pogthefish

ok thanx everyone! still ways to transport the fish anyway?
Old 04-11-2012, 12:51 PM   #5 
MollyJean

How far are you wanting to transport him? If it's not far.. well you brought him home in a little cup, and while those are bad if used for days on end, a store cup is fine for a short trip. I use to transport angels all the time and used tall fish bags or cups (I used the clear Cotton Candy cups you get at Dollar General) with no problems. Angels are really easy to stress and I never had problems.
MollyJean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 01:24 PM   #6 
Pogthefish

mmkay
Old 04-11-2012, 04:06 PM   #7 
jaela

I've had to transport my betta girl before and what I did was empty most of the water out of it so there was just enough to cover her and her hiding cave, and I sat with the tank on my lap in the back of the car so I could hold it steady. Her tank is small though, about 2 gallons, and the tank was still very heavy with the gravel and the remaining water so I had to be very, very careful! Even then, it kind of stressed the poor girl out, so I wouldn't do it again unless I had to. (In this case I had to because I wasn't allowed in my res hall over spring break, so I needed to bring her with me or she would have gone without food and care for a whole week.)
jaela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 04:22 PM   #8 
Pogthefish

ok