Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Memorials
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 04-17-2012, 11:16 AM   #1 
Katy

I will always love and miss you

I never post here because it makes me sad, and the thought of losing my pets is very upsetting to me. I have 15 bettas (currently) and 2 cats, one is 15 years old and like a child to me. Been with me through everything and I know the day is coming soon but the thought of losing him brings immediate tears to my eyes.

The thing with pets is that those without pets, or without fish, just have no idea why we would get so upset about that loss, why someone would actually cry over a fish. "It's just a fish!" So I've typically grieved alone over my losses.

But it is nice to find this section of the forum, even while sad. And so for me it's time to pay homage to the ones I've lost but will always love: In order; Scuba Kitty Stewart, first betta, 25 years ago.
And recently; Nefertiti, Wishy, Pandora, Antigone, Sweetie.
And most recent, on Easter, my favorite girl, Fishy, who I bawled for, and buried in the backyard.

I love all of you guys, and if the Rainbow Bridge is true, please wait for me, and please wave your fins when I get there. And it will all be alright.

Last edited by Katy; 04-17-2012 at 11:19 AM.
Katy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 09:31 AM   #2 
BETTACHKALOVE

oww....so cute. You just 15 i don't even know how you handle all of that by yourself. You will find a lot of support on this forum. We all love our pets and fish include in the pet section not ''just a fish''.

The only thing unfortunately we losing our pet sometimes but don’t be upset ... Look at that other way You give them life, you safe them from death in the stores, you give them love and they appreciate it:)
I would be so proud to have child like you.

BETTACHKALOVE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 02:47 PM   #3 
sparkyjoe

I still occasionally sob when I think of my Standard Poodle boy that I lost to cancer back in November. Gone but never forgotten or unloved.
sparkyjoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 08:34 AM   #4 
BETTACHKALOVE

Since you talking about dog you remind to me something. I had to put my dog to sleep at age 16. She had kidney failure and the doctor told as it better to do this way. I cried , i will never forget her. It was 2 years ago though. But i was ready for another dog only because i want to rescue another dog just like rescue a betta :) But you know what makes me sad that some people after losing a pet don't want it anymore. I just spoke to someone yesterday who told me that lost the dog at old age and than when I asked if he want another dog he said: ,, Oh no, no more dogs it very sad it enough grieve for me''
BETTACHKALOVE is offline   Reply With Quote