Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 04-11-2012, 09:16 PM   #1 
Onlyonagoodday

Smile New 10 gallon tank! How to start?

I posted a few months ago asking about a affordable bigger tank for my betta. For a while I had no luck, until a few days ago where a found a used 10 gallon glass aquarium for just a few dollars. I was so excited to bring it home and would like to make it into the perfect home for my betta. I brought it home and cleaned it with baking soda and a bit of vinegar (this was recommended on another forum) but it still looks fairly dingy. I bought a glass aquarium sponge to clean it as well, but I haven't done this yet. Any other recommendations on how to get this clean and safe to start preparing? This is my first tank thats larger than 3 gallons and I really have no idea where to start. I am really interested in doing a planted tank and any plant recommendations would be lovely. I am just a beginner on building a tank, but I don't really know what I'm doing so I expect I will be posting quite often in upcoming weeks as I collect accessories and do more research.
Onlyonagoodday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 09:55 PM   #2 
a123andpoof

One thing you can try is a little bit of bleach. Just make sure you rinse really well.
I am in the process of planning a NPT natural planted tank, and it seems like a good option. This is the forum I created, and their is one by Old Fish Lady as well. http://www.bettafish.com/showthread.php?t=98432.
She knows alot about these type tanks if it is something you are interested in. If not you will need to cycle and I am not the person to ask about that as I am having difficulty with one of my 10 gallons.
a123andpoof is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
10 gallon tank, beginner, cleaning tank, first time, plants