Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 04-12-2012, 04:15 PM   #1 
LouiseC1987

Unhappy Need HELP!!! Poorly Betta

Hi I have got a male betta, he currently lives in a fluval edge 23l with 3 glolight tetras, they have all got on for quite a few months now. I noticed the other day that my bettas fins were looking ragged on the edges so I thought he had fin rot. Then I noticed one of the tetras nipping at his tail :( I have observed them since this and haven seen them do it again.
Tonight I have noticed these weird holes on his tail I dont know whether it is fin rot ?? He has eaten a few blood worms tonight, he is swimming around putting his gills up at his reflection in the tank he does seem to be swimming faster than normal.
I recently did a 90% water change and changed the gravel in the tank. I cant see any parasites attached to him or the other fish, however there were some weird tiny white bugs on the glass of the tank and onthe rock in the tank, I cleaned the tank a few times using some salt but they were still there so I changed the gravel and I cant seem to notice any in there any more. I never noticed them attached to the fish at any point they didnt seem to bother the fish.
I dont know what to do, I have attached a few pictures so you can see him. Please help me :(Thankyou :)

Name:  IMG_0213.jpg
Views: 74
Size:  47.0 KB

Name:  IMG_0205.jpg
Size:  52.9 KB

Name:  IMG_0222.jpg
Size:  52.3 KB
LouiseC1987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 11:36 PM   #2 
Roemgie

Hey so this is REALLY late but it looks like they're chewing on his tail, what happened after you posted this??
Roemgie is offline   Reply With Quote