Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 04-11-2012, 02:15 AM   #1 
SageMyster

Smile Where to get Nano Marimo balls?

Looking for some Nano Marimo Moss Balls, but I can't seem to find the right place. My local Petco doesn't sell them, and I don't want to buy anything fake. I want three nanos, more or less. I already have a normal sized Marimo and I love it.

So, any suggestions?
SageMyster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 04:28 AM   #2 
mhxistenz

aqmagic.com or their eBay store.
mhxistenz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 09:42 AM   #3 
sparkyjoe

I ordered from there, then found out that they don't follow proper import rules/laws so I won't be ordering from them again. I think Cali is fairly strict about those kind of things, so maybe check around a bit more? Just my opinion.
sparkyjoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 03:21 PM   #4 
Sheldon31

Ebay is the only place I've seen them. They are not a big thing here in the UK. But like Sparkyjoe said, check they are following the right procedures.
Sheldon31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 03:49 PM   #5 
MadameDesu

I bought mine from Aquamagic, and it made it through customs. That's not always the case, though.
MadameDesu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 08:59 PM   #6 
sparkyjoe

Yeah, just because something makes it through Customs doesn't mean it should. Apparently the bad thing is that US Customs holds the recipient responsible, so a hefty fee could be assessed against you, not the vendor. :(

Oh, and mine came with a slight moldy smell? I'm searching for a safe way to "sanitize" them before dropping them in my tanks.
Old 04-11-2012, 09:13 PM   #7 
TakoLuLu

My marimo have always had a bit of a musty smell to them. I've always attributed it to the fact that they are actually a type of algae and not a moss. When I got mine I just let them chill in treated tapwater for a couple weeks, giving them a good swish and a squeeze out before switching them over to new water every couple days with their last soak being in some tank water.

I got mine off an eBay seller in the UK nearly 3 years ago now!
TakoLuLu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 09:21 PM   #8 
sparkyjoe

Well, I'm somewhat used to the earthy smell of aquarium filters and the like, but this was actually a musty/moldy smell. Very odd.

They are currently chilling (literally) in a bucket of treated tap water until I figure out my next steps.
Old 04-11-2012, 09:25 PM   #9 
TakoLuLu

Its been long enough since I've had an aquarium going that my scent memory can't say for sure if the way my marimo always smell is in fact much different, so I can't for sure say if different is the norm for them (if that makes ANY sense, lol).
TakoLuLu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 09:49 PM   #10 
MadameDesu

I kinda just took my ball out of the package and tossed it into the tank, lol.
MadameDesu is offline   Reply With Quote