Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 04-13-2012, 07:32 PM   #11 
mhxistenz

I have 2 bookshelf aquariums and I love them. The size is just right, construction pretty sturdy and neat, and they're very easy to clean. The first one's filter was super noisy so I bought an AquaClear 20 and that's worked out very well. The second one's filter is quiet as a mouse. Crap shoot, I guess. I'd like a bit more room so I could house more fish but I'm not willing to maintain a 10-gal, not to mention the lack of space in my apt. I definitely recommend Petco's bookshelf tanks, though.
mhxistenz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 07:42 PM   #12 
LuckyBlue

Yeah I figured it would weigh around 70 pounds ... just need to make sure i fing the studs.. maybe if it spans three studs. I'll double check with my Dad. He worked construction his whole life.... He'll tell me what I need to do to make it work.

I was thinking maybe attach brackets on the underside and the top side ... We have a very small house and it would be great not to have to use floor space... no counter space left either...
LuckyBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 07:49 PM   #13 
wystearya

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZergyMonster View Post
I read a couple reviews on it and it says it has trouble with heavy loads and the shelf slides. Just be careful.
Huh... Odd. They use some things very similar where I work to keep *big* water jugs on and they work great. Maybe it is a different brand though.. I'll have to look into it more.

Thanks for the heads up!

----------

mhxistenz - Thanks for the review! :)

Last edited by wystearya; 04-13-2012 at 07:52 PM. Reason: Replying to other replies. lol
wystearya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 08:07 PM   #14 
jeffegg2

Cool

I have that tank, it is a nice tank. Why would you need a different light for plants? I kinda wonder what the little black bit in the bottom right is for? It also is acrylic so it has a bit of a purple? hue when lit at night. It makes it look different from my glass tanks. The small feeding door in the front makes it nearly impossible to vacum from the front, so you have to lift the entire cover off to daily clean...

I like the low profile, but you can get two 5 gal and hoods for about the same price.

I give it an 8 for usefulness, and a 5 for value.
jeffegg2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 08:17 PM   #15 
wystearya

Well, don't you need the 'daylight' bulbs for growing plants? Maybe I'm wrong..?
Old 04-14-2012, 04:49 PM   #16 
wystearya

Anyway, I do think this is going to be my upgrade tank once I get the funds. I really think he will enjoy more swimming room, and I know I will like seeing him have more room too. <3
Old 04-15-2012, 12:16 PM   #17 
RoranicusPondicus

I have this tank for about 7 months now. I was not going to get it a first when I read the filter was loud, lucky me it was quit as a mouse. The filter can be strong, but you can change the flow. It short so it only take a betta a sec to get to top for a breath. My HM Rory and I love it.
RoranicusPondicus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 02:27 PM   #18 
wystearya

Well, they were having and online sale, and I had a tiny bit of funds in my Paypal account, so... I just ordered the tank!!

I also got some root tabs for my plants, since none of my local stores had them. I'll be excited to switch him over! I now need to find something to set the tank on. :P
Old 04-15-2012, 02:37 PM   #19 
LuckyBlue

where did you find it on sale???? how much??
LuckyBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 02:44 PM   #20 
newarkhiphop

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyBlue View Post
where did you find it on sale???? how much??

newarkhiphop is offline   Reply With Quote