If you could have any pet (within reason) -
- What would it be? And why do you want it?
- What's preventing you from having one?
I have a huge wish list, as I can't feasibly take care of the animals I once could and I miss having freedom of options. Right now, I'd love to explore aquaculture some more, but there's a few species we simply aren't allowed to have here in Australia.
- African Dwarf Frogs, because they're so darned cute and easy to keep. Can't get 'em here, sadly, so I'm doomed to envy you Americans and your little frogs.. Hopefully they one day make the list of approved imports.
- Thai micro crabs. :( Same reasons as above.
- Bichirs. Because they're awesomely prehistoric and weird. I just don't know enough about fish-keeping yet ... and also am not confident I could care for a 120-gallon tank right now. Maybe one day...
- A whole frog pond. I would, if I owned this house, cheerfully gut my entire back yard and establish a pond for native plants, local frogs and other aquatic wildlife. It's amazing how much wildlife is happy to live in the city suburbs, given half a chance... But I don't own the house, so no can do.
- Rats. I miss having rats, and these days there's so many good breeders out there. But I have an amazingly talented rat-catching cat. If I can work the logistics to ensure total ratty safety, I may actually be able to fulfil this wish. :)
- Long-armed Shrimp. Because they're awesome and a bit odd. I can actually have this wish, and intend to fulfil it before the year is out.
I'd love to hear your own beasty wishlists.