Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Finless Friends
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 04-15-2012, 05:08 PM   #21 
Luimeril

lessee.......

*A Shiba Inu. :I cause they're adorable.
*A West Highland White Terrier. had one as a baby. named Snuggles.
*A Domestic Fox. :B
*A pair of Pearlscale Goldfish
*A Crested Gecko
Luimeril is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 09:35 PM   #22 
Aus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leeniex View Post
Horse! I've been wanting one for 40+ years, owned one for a week and now it looks like it won't ever happen.
I'm sorry to hear that.. Owning a horse is not easy or cheap, lol, but it's truly a wonderful experience. Before I owned my own horse (and after, too) I looked for 'free lease' opportunities, where a horse owner asks to share costs of keeping a horse in exchange for shared riding time, or a complete lease arrangement where you are responsible for more costs, and ride the horse exclusively. Contracts like that need to be worked out very carefully, of course (make sure it's fair - that you are not lumped with ALL vet bills and other costs - may as well buy a horse, then..), but they can be almost as good as owning, and a great deal less expensive.

Some riding schools will swap riding time for stall cleaning, it's really worth asking. Spending time around stables is also a great way to find a free lease arrangement.
Aus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 08:01 AM   #23 
Cattitude

Talking My short list lol

I have a wish list of tarantula species to add to my current collection. I won't post details here because it's a bunch of scientific names.

I like the idea of an indoor terrarium with live plants. I'd want poison dart frogs or chameleons. Another option would be leopard geckos or other small lizards in a desert setup.

I will get another Chihuahua once my Greyhound passes away. He's a lot older than my existing Chi and the time will come, and I think it's better for her to have canine company. Other breeds of interest: Italian Greyhound, Chinese Crested, Whippet, Papillon

I want another Siamese cat. I currently "own" one named Rex but he has attached himself to my bf and lives at bf's house. If we were to break up I'd give him Rex and adopt another Siamese. Other cat breeds of interest: Sphynx, Cornish and Devon Rex, Balinese (long-hair Siamese), Burmese, Bengal, Serval.

I'd consider a ferret again (I've had two at different times in the past). They are playful, funny and intelligent. But - their waste is particularly smelly and their litter has to be changed pretty much every day to keep the smell down. It's been years since I had a ferret so maybe things like equipment have been changed to reflect this.

Fish: A big community tank. I like flashy tetras, gouramis, and many other kinds of fish. Might look into marine if I was getting a big tank. I'd like a brackish tank with puffers as well. This would be a smaller tank.
Cattitude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 08:10 AM   #24 
Olympia
TFK Moderator

Cattitude, they actually have a natural product that eliminates ALL ferret odour.. I tried using it as an argument to get a ferret once (mom hates smelly things). I forget what the product is called, I'm sure you could find it. The only negative review for it I could find was one lady complaining that it gets rid of the ferret musk in their fur as well, and she loves that smell (crazy ferret lady). :D
Olympia is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 08:21 AM   #25 
Inga

If you could have any pet (within reason) -

- What would it be? And why do you want it? I would love to get back into horses. I used to train and show horses and it was my life. When I got Cancer I couldn't work with them any more. I rehomed a few and sadly my old girl (the love of my life) had a freak accident and had to be put to sleep. She was 24 years old and I had, had her since she was a wee baby. It broke my heart. Life changed for me in many ways at that time, and I have not been able to get back into horses but I pray every single day that a miracle will occur and I will be able to get back in and comfortably afford it. So far, nothing has happened to help me with that. I won't give up, if nothing else, I will be driving God nuts with my prayers.

I would also like a large fish tank. Maybe 300 gallons just to move my current fish in. I love the idea of them having much more room to swim in. I love a sparcely stocked, heavily planted tank. I prefer to think of my fish as being really really happy then worrying about what more I want to add to it.

Thirdly, I would like 2 or maybe 3 more dogs. I want one more male Rottie (show quality) 1 pet quality female Rottie and maybe a female Doberman (pet quality) Did I also mention a bit of land to enjoy all these lovely pets?

- What's preventing you from having one? Money, space.

Inga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 08:46 AM   #26 
BeckyFish97

A siberian husky, A newfoundland, a beagle, a ferret, a cat, a horse, a fish room with over 100 bettas, a turtle, aquatic frogs, discus, sheep for my border collie to herd, a 500gallon tank and a significant other that would actually let me have all these things!!!although I doubt I would find a 500gal tank :P

Last edited by BeckyFish97; 04-23-2012 at 08:49 AM.
BeckyFish97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 04:32 PM   #27 
Cattitude

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olympia View Post
Cattitude, they actually have a natural product that eliminates ALL ferret odour.. I tried using it as an argument to get a ferret once (mom hates smelly things). I forget what the product is called, I'm sure you could find it. The only negative review for it I could find was one lady complaining that it gets rid of the ferret musk in their fur as well, and she loves that smell (crazy ferret lady). :D
Yuh-ohh... looks like there may be a ferret sometime in my future.

My boyfriend would have a coronary!
Cattitude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 05:36 PM   #28 
Curlyfatbottom

tiger-to walk with
golden eagle-to hunt with
legal issue, space and money is keeping me from having them as pet
Curlyfatbottom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 08:50 PM   #29 
Tikibirds

I want either a toy american eskimo or another wolf hybrid

Toy eskies are really hard to find and there will NEVER been another
malamute/wolf like Rosie

a bigger cage and another chinchilla because I think mine is very lonely :( That are social creatures and like rats, should not be alone

Last edited by Tikibirds; 04-24-2012 at 08:53 PM.
Tikibirds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 02:09 AM   #30 
doggyhog

An Irish Wolfhound. 'Nuf said. ;)
doggyhog is offline   Reply With Quote