Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 04-15-2012, 05:34 PM   #21 
Sakura8

Oh Emily, I'm so sorry about your baby and Antione. :( Where did you get the IAL from? It's possible they were contaminated or, if the seller wasn't honest, not even IAL. :/

I hesitate to ask . . . how is he?

Please don't give up on fish, Emily. Keeping them is a learning process and sadly, losses are inevitable as humans in general learn how to replicate a fish's environment. Everyone, from the beginner to the longtime hobbyist, has experienced tragic losses. But think of how rewarding it is to keep fish and know you are doing something good by loving them.

If you need to talk, you can always PM me. Sadly, I've lost more than I'd like to count and I've felt like giving up too. :(
Sakura8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 08:49 PM   #22 
ANHEL123

Sorry guys i am crazy one. It breaking my heart.
We all had trouble at the beginning i lost fish before too. But you did so much for your fish and you learned a lot so i think you really need one to make you happy. It so many of them in the stores that really need you help :( I am sorry but i did sent you pm and offer to mail you a betta if you afraid to buy one.
I can really make sure he is healthy and forum people can give us mailing instructions. I would do it for you. So give it a shot. Then if it doesn't work you will know it not for you.
I bought so many bettas for other people. I can't even count . May be 30 may be less . Of course about 8-9 died.
Don't give up yet. Next one must to be for you.
Sorry that you had to go through that . You did the best you could and he was happy .
ANHEL123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 09:59 PM   #23 
Sakura8

That's so sweet of you, ANHEL, to offer to send her a betta. See, Emily? A lot of people are rooting for you. :)
Old 04-19-2012, 11:41 AM   #24 
ANHEL123

Make me extremely sad when i think about Emily. Especially her 43 days and The End about Antione.I even have tears oh feel so embarrassed. I don't even understand what happened. I hope Emely will come back and try again :(
Sorry i behave like i am 5 years old. Should not write all of that.
Old 04-19-2012, 09:12 PM   #25 
Sakura8

It's okay, ANHEL, we all understand. It makes us all feel sad when a fellow betta owner is going through a hard time. I'm sure Emily appreciates your feelings. I know I do.
Old 04-19-2012, 09:17 PM   #26 
Olympia
TFK Moderator

;-; I wish Emily would come back..
Hopefullly she's just taking a break and will be back eventually.
Anhel, I got teary eyed when I saw those photos of Antoine, I was really attached to him and read all her posts about him. :/
Olympia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 10:03 PM   #27 
Sakura8

Yeah, I agree, Olympia. I hope she comes back too.
Old 04-21-2012, 06:58 PM   #28 
Chistoso

I may be a lil late on this... but I'd like to give my 2 cents about this situation. I had a boy with similar problems. Had NO TAIL left cuz of the rot, popeye, red streaking, some bloating, lethargic and not eating. It was like overkill with the bacteria and viruses invading my poor lil guy. Water changes used to be every 3-5 days (depending on how nasty his water started to look). When he was sick, though... switched it up to daily water changes. 100%. Used combination meds on him along with a salt bath. Emptying out all decorations and leaving him with an empty bowl... I put in Coppersafe, Maracyn and Pimafix. I know they say putting in the oily type meds such as Pimafix and Melafix can make it difficult for your fish to breathe, but if used in moderation and less than recommended... it's just fine. And I find that the best treatment is multiple meds. For the salt bath, make sure your fish is swimming around in it. Usually they like to just sit there... but if you chase him around a lil with the net, the salt bath will work better. Yes, it stresses them, but it makes them more prone to the health benefits of the salt bath and meds when he's put into the clean water. My boy came back to life with full fins and is ready for breeding. Was crappy, too, cuz I have a hard time with long fins and diseases. He came back tho and looks as gorgeous as the day I got him. It took almost a month for him to come back from his sickness... so patience is the biggest part of treatment. Wishing the best of luck to your lil guy!
Chistoso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 03:03 PM   #29 
ANHEL123

I am glad that it worked for you Chistoso. I want to say something too about medications. The last time when i treated with medications was maybe 2.5 years ago. Somehow my fish don't get sick at all. I don't know what i do right though. But i do guys only 100% water changes and i do 50% on some of my tanks. And sorry they in 74* even though don't get mad at me a lot of you saying that it is cold.

But back to medications. I used to buy fish for other people. Simply because i just want to get them out of the stores. So i bought a lot of bettas lol
And i treated may be about 6 of them. It was so long time ago. But it was amazing for me. That time i didn't know about this forum and of course i didn't know about aq salt. So those 6 bettas that i treated looked like they will die. Very lethargic not eating. So i thought let me try they will die anyway. So i used on them TETRACYCLIN API mixed together with Fungus Eliminator by Jungle . I think i also added 0.5 tsp per gall aq salt. And about 5 bettas recovered. Well i also did more water changes then instructions....
So i really recommend those two meditations. Well of course all depend on the symptoms. It not for bloating or parasites..... But really helped me before.

I know that Tetracycling for gram negative and gram positive bacteria. And i know that a lot of time any bacterial infection can be secondary to fungus. So when you mix both of that medications it pretty helpful a lot of the time. Of course all depend on severity,symptoms, reason why fish got sick...
Old 04-22-2012, 03:24 PM   #30 
ANHEL123

Just want to clarify ...I wrote about medications only because Chistoso post reminded me about it. But i didn't mean that i would recommend it to Emily. I still don't understand what happened ...