Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Meet the Betta Keepers
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 04-13-2012, 09:55 PM   #1 
mhxistenz

Smile Hello and thank you from California

Hi! I want to thank you all for the invaluable resource that these pages provide. I've kept bettas for years and I'm still learning all kinds of new things from you all. I live in the Bay Area, California and hadn't had a fish for about a year and a half since my last boy, Errol, died. A few weeks ago I decided it was time to set up the tank again and brought a new boy home from Petco. What is this weird color-changing phenomenon? I got a silvery blue fish and now I have a red and blue fish. Strange! His fins first started turning orange (he looked like he was on fire!) and then red. He also devours anything and everything I feed him, hence his name, Pig. As you can see from the few photos that turned out semi-good, he got upgraded from a 3-gal to a 6-gal where he is now exploring his new Pirates of the Caribbean home. He's very interactive, seems excited to see me, and will eat right off of my fingers. I tried him with cherry red shrimp and he was very interested in chasing them so the poor things just hid all the time. I might try ghost or amano shrimp. I think he gets bored so I hope some shrimp will keep him occupied but will also survive the ordeal. The last photo shows the new tank I set up for the handsomest little boy I have coming from Chaba. I can't wait to meet him!
Attached Images

mhxistenz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 10:10 PM   #2 
ILLBETHEJUDGE

Awesome betta!
I used to live in california too, in the san fernando valley area but move to miami like 6 years ago.
ILLBETHEJUDGE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 10:19 PM   #3 
mhxistenz

Thanks, Judge! Piggie is the cutest little boy. Gotta love the weather in Cali, huh? :)
Old 04-13-2012, 10:22 PM   #4 
ILLBETHEJUDGE

I miss california like you have no idea.
Old 04-13-2012, 10:40 PM   #5 
mhxistenz

A couple of years ago, I spent 4 "spring" days on the east coast just visiting and sight-seeing. I froze the whole time! I longed for home, let me tell ya. I swore never to complain about our weather again! Nevermind the weird thunderstorm we had last night...
Old 04-13-2012, 10:44 PM   #6 
ILLBETHEJUDGE

I hope that someday i can move back to cali and first thing i am gonna do is go to santa monica for the longest walk ever.
Old 04-14-2012, 01:30 AM   #7 
kfryman

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhxistenz View Post
A couple of years ago, I spent 4 "spring" days on the east coast just visiting and sight-seeing. I froze the whole time! I longed for home, let me tell ya. I swore never to complain about our weather again! Nevermind the weird thunderstorm we had last night...
That was terrible! Some one got a picture of a lightning strike hitting the bay bridge's towers.

What part of the bay are you in? I am in Fremont!
kfryman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 02:16 AM   #8 
Sakura8

I'm right outside Sacramento so can I count myself as an honorary Bay Area member?
Sakura8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 04:31 AM   #9 
finnfinnfriend

Hey I'm in the bay area too! What part are you from? I'm in the east bay.
finnfinnfriend is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 10:20 AM   #10 
mhxistenz

Hi neighbors! I'm in San Jose but my family lives in Hayward so I visit the east bay often.