Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 04-14-2012, 10:02 AM   #1 
PandaBetta

Lightbulb Aquabid TALK

Hello betta lovers I wanted everyone to share you're experience when buying a betta from aquabid.com I just registered there a few minutes ago so I can buy a betta I like, but I feel kind of nervous about it. If I buy betta from out of country and is priced at $20 how much on top of that would I be paying for shiping? And are betta as high quality as the picture on the bid pages? I would apriciate any feedback and I know alot of other people who want to take the next step to buying fish online will apriciate it too. Tank you all.
PandaBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 10:50 AM   #2 
betta lover1507

i think it was a 5 dollared USD am not sure, i never bought a betta out of the country ;p
betta lover1507 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 10:55 AM   #3 
PitGurl

$20 + $5 for the import fee so $25 total to get it to the US. The cost of shipping once it's here depends on who you use as your transhipper. Normally it's around $39 for express and $20 for priority. This page will give you a better idea,
http://bellsouthpwp.net/J/e/JennViv/...taTranship.htm

Most of the time the bettas pictured are what you get. Sometimes the colors will be a little different do to stress after shipping but they'll color up once they settle in. Also thai breeders sometimes use different terms for colors such as "green". What they call green tends to be more blue so keep that in mind. Colors such as marble may also look different once you get your betta. Fish are shipped every two weeks so what a marble looked like when you placed your bid may look different at arrival to your home. Make sure you check a sellers feedback. Most thai breeders aren't going to have 100% and thats ok but don't go with someone who has poor feedback and always read the comments too.

Good luck!
PitGurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 12:42 PM   #4 
PandaBetta

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by PitGurl View Post
$20 + $5 for the import fee so $25 total to get it to the US. The cost of shipping once it's here depends on who you use as your transhipper. Normally it's around $39 for express and $20 for priority. This page will give you a better idea,
http://bellsouthpwp.net/J/e/JennViv/...taTranship.htm

Most of the time the bettas pictured are what you get. Sometimes the colors will be a little different do to stress after shipping but they'll color up once they settle in. Also thai breeders sometimes use different terms for colors such as "green". What they call green tends to be more blue so keep that in mind. Colors such as marble may also look different once you get your betta. Fish are shipped every two weeks so what a marble looked like when you placed your bid may look different at arrival to your home. Make sure you check a sellers feedback. Most thai breeders aren't going to have 100% and thats ok but don't go with someone who has poor feedback and always read the comments too.

Good luck!
Thank you very much this was really helpful to understand what it takes to bring a fish to the country and into your home
PandaBetta is offline   Reply With Quote