Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 04-15-2012, 05:36 PM   #11 
lilyth88

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheldon31 View Post
I think he's happy with what he's got. Probably because he came from a cup in a fish store with a few oz of water, he'd probably be happy with anything! But yeah, these guys nailed it. You NEED and MUST GET a heater. Soon he will start suffering with the cold, if it's hot where you are now it's probably ok for the time being but they are tropical fish. I hate fish bowls in general so I'm biased but get yourself a nice 5 gal tank with heating and filtration and some plants, live or silk with a wee cave and he'll be building you bubblenests so big you'd never dreamed of!
He may be happy, but he hasn't lived in a bigger tank either. That could make him more happy. And even slightly bigger ones (like 3-5 gallons) aren't that expensive at all.
lilyth88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 05:39 PM   #12 
Sheldon31

Like I said, it's probably because he came from a cup with very little water, ergo knows no better.. I do say in my post to get a 5 gal, my absolute min personally with a heater and filtration.
Sheldon31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 05:43 PM   #13 
lilyth88

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheldon31 View Post
Like I said, it's probably because he came from a cup with very little water, ergo knows no better.. I do say in my post to get a 5 gal, my absolute min personally with a heater and filtration.
^ Seconded.
lilyth88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 09:35 PM   #14 
Wolfie305

These guys gave you great info, but I would like to emphasize that the bubbles you are seeing are a GREAT sign and nothing bad health wise what-so-ever :) (considering this was your original question)
Wolfie305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 11:09 PM   #15 
Bethydan

Yay for bubble nests! :D

I'm always excited to see bubble nests. They mean that the fish is feeling secure. Heated water can go a long way to ensuring that your fish stays happy and healthy (and colorful). My biggest guy has a bubble nest stretched all the way around the rim of his 20-gallon AND all around the filter. He's a tiny architect. Each male has his own unique set of nest-making skills.
Bethydan is offline   Reply With Quote