Betta Fish Forum banner

Do u love Bettas?

LOVE Bettas!

2K views 32 replies 20 participants last post by  Nataku 
#1 ·
I just wanted to write a post describing my love for bettas... I am an animal lover, but there is something about bettas that I truly enjoy about them... mayb b/c they are beautiful... if only they weren't fighting fishies, then I would buy a ton of them!! but having TWO is extremely expensive already :( WHY god WHY?! why must they be FIGHTING fishes?!

#27 ·
I totally agree... I LOVE bettas! I hate goin to the fish store to petco cuz I want to adopt them ALL their gorgeous finnage are always a treat to see. not only that... they have the most attitude. Cloud, one of my bettas, likes to flare at my colored nail polish and whenever I show a mirror to him he likes to flare, then run away, flare, then run away. SOOO funny!

#28 ·
To answer the question about what stores sell decent Bettas, the Petco near my house has some fairly educated people. Granted, they're still in tiny containers, but they actually clean the water and feed them. Wal-Mart, Petsmart...I have actually seen Betta displays with more dead fish than live ones. At my Petco, they all interact with each other and you, and they look attentive.

But I guess it all depends on the workers. I know of many Petcos that damn near abuse all of their animals, and I have heard of Petsmart and Wal-Mart having the healthiest and most beautiful Bettas.

As for the poll, Bettas are probably my favorite fish, along with angels. Fish aren't my favorite type of animal though. :p

#32 ·
Wow, in my last post on this thread I had 1 betta. I now have 5.....I guess that shows how much I LOVE bettas! I never did end up with another community tank. I divided it for 2 bettas lol!

#33 ·
I do love betta fish, they are probably my favorite fresh-water species of fish.

However when it goes to my ultimate favorite, sorry, I have to say my heart belongs to the Batrachoididae family, especially opsanus tau and opsanus beta.
That'd be an oyster toadfish for the curious. It's a face only a mother could love, and alas, I daresay I was a doting oyster toadfish parent for many years.

Besides, what other fish can you carry on a conversation with and actually have them talk back? Bettas aren't really very talkative fish, I must say.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.