View Poll Results: Do u love Bettas?
What kind of question is that?! OF COURSE!!! 45 77.59%
I like them, but prefer others 13 22.41%
Voters: 58. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-19-2008, 03:09 PM   #21 
studioskim3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghreed
I love my bettas. The females get to hang together in a 10 and the males each share a tank with some other fish. One is in a 40 with platies and shrimp, the other is in a 10 with otos and a cory.
Wow... how do you maintain those tanks? OMG! I bought a 14.. but have ABSOLUTELY NO CLUE o how to handle the tank and clean it and all that. I want to start the tank up w/ one of my bettas and give him his own family..... would 3 females be okay?
studioskim3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2008, 01:09 AM   #22 
studioskim3

I would just like to update... I am a successful betta owner now... thanks to bettafish.com forum :) I am well-informed, and more knowledged.... I have 1 betta who is (HAPPY BIRTHDAY!) one year old, and 2 that are about 9 months old, and one new member who is 1 1/2 month old :) They are all adorable, and they now consider my fingers their mommy cuz they follow fingers around to see if they can suckle any pellets from them HAHAHAHA
Old 11-08-2008, 08:51 AM   #23 
Kim

I LOVE bettas. I do really enjoy watching my other community fish because they are more active, but my betta is just so inquisitive! I love their little quirky behaviors, and they are really easy to care for (well, the way I do it anyway). I always put them in no less than 5 gallon cycled tanks with a heater and a filter. That way they are really easy because all I have to do cleaning wise is do a 20% weekly water change. I hate to see them in pet stores and always want to rescue them all because I know how much they bloom when I bring them home. I am getting 2 more soon!! I think that I am going to have a pretty good balance when I get all my tanks set up because I will have 2 planted community tanks and 2 easy maintenance betta tanks (a 5.5 and a divided 10). That way I can interact with my betta fish and watch my community fish-perfect!
Kim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2008, 09:21 AM   #24 
s72450

I love Bettas! I'm addicted to them, I own give right now and have two at work. I can hardly go into PetCo or my LFS without wanting to take one home. I especially love the females, they're so small and very underappreciated in general I believe.
s72450 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2008, 01:34 PM   #25 
dramaqueen
Banned

I'm totally addicted to bettas, too. I have 4 males and one female. My female is something else. She eats like a little pig! She can't wait for me to let go of the pellets so she can eat and she is so active. I would like to have more bettas but am running out of places in my room to put them. I'd love to have another female. Bettas are so much fun to interact with and have such great personalities and are so beautiful.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2008, 12:46 AM   #26 
iamntbatman

Bettas are definitely pretty cool fish, but not my favorite. My favorite fish is my Jack Dempsey. He's like a puppy. The guppies are actually pretty entertaining to watch, too.
iamntbatman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2008, 01:35 AM   #27 
studioskim3

I totally agree... I LOVE bettas! I hate goin to the fish store to petco cuz I want to adopt them ALL their gorgeous finnage are always a treat to see. not only that... they have the most attitude. Cloud, one of my bettas, likes to flare at my colored nail polish and whenever I show a mirror to him he likes to flare, then run away, flare, then run away. SOOO funny!
Old 11-13-2008, 07:23 PM   #28 
radiobath

To answer the question about what stores sell decent Bettas, the Petco near my house has some fairly educated people. Granted, they're still in tiny containers, but they actually clean the water and feed them. Wal-Mart, Petsmart...I have actually seen Betta displays with more dead fish than live ones. At my Petco, they all interact with each other and you, and they look attentive.

But I guess it all depends on the workers. I know of many Petcos that damn near abuse all of their animals, and I have heard of Petsmart and Wal-Mart having the healthiest and most beautiful Bettas.

As for the poll, Bettas are probably my favorite fish, along with angels. Fish aren't my favorite type of animal though. :P
radiobath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 06:44 PM   #29 
studioskim3

I celebrated my 10th betta with my current Sky... he is gorgeous and he adores me.... hehe and i adore him :)
Old 04-29-2009, 06:53 PM   #30 
onekatietwo

Quote:
Originally Posted by KikiNBatta View Post
:nods hard: At Wal-Mart, most times they look either half-dead, like they wish they were dead, miserable, all of the above. Rarely do they look content. Do you (or anyone here) know any places where bettas are actually cared for/aka, any good pet stores?

In response to the poll: I don't know if I LOVE them, or prefer others. I've never had any other fish! :P So by the process of elimination, I'd have to vote that I love them, lms!
Lots of people say that fish are boring (my siblings, for one), but I'd not say that. They're...something about them is just...amazing? Entertaining? Beautiful? I don't know, but they're wonderful =) If I see a dead fish, or think of a fish dying, I literally end up having to take deep breaths to calm down. Fish are NOT just 'things,' they're pets as well as pets that you can play with!! (Like hamsters, mice, gerbils, guinea pigs, iguanas...list goes on)

At my hometown, there is a really great aquarium shop and they keep all their Betta's in gallon-ish sized bowls. Of course that's not a great permanent home, but considering they are only there until they're sold and considering how much better that is than a cup... I think that's pretty amazing!
onekatietwo is offline   Reply With Quote