Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 04-14-2012, 07:56 PM   #1 
Bettagirl101

Is this an ok setup for Nemo, my red-orangish beta?

I have had Nemo for a few years now and he is currently in a 1 gallon beta bowl with a green fake plant with red and clear colored gravel. He is near a window so he gets light from that and overhead. I don't know what brand of food I feed him but I think it's called beta pellets. Anyway it's in a small blue colored tube that has an adjustable lid so I can give him as much or as little food as I want. I feed a small amount of food in the morning and at night. I know I should have him in a bigger tank but my parents won't let me move him into my 5 gallon because they like to watch him. Also I currently have 1 hermit crab in my 5 g tank. In the near future I plan on getting him a hiding place so he doesn't feel like he is on display all the time. Once my hermit crab is gone I'll move Nemo into the 5 g tank ,get him more hiding spots, fake and live plants, a heater, and a low flow filter. Until then is this an ok setup?
Bettagirl101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 08:16 PM   #2 
kfryman

What kind of hermit crab? No hermit crab that I know of that is easy to get is suppose to be in water all the time besides the salt water ones, where did you get it?

Is the bowl heated is the better thing to worry about?
kfryman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 08:34 PM   #3 
Bettagirl101

It just a regular land hermit crab that you can buy at most pet stores.
Old 04-15-2012, 01:56 AM   #4 
kfryman

So why is the hermit crab in the tank? You said it is a land hermit crab! Nevermind I miss read lol. I thought the hermit crab was in the bettas bowl.

For the setup is it heated? How many water changes and percentages do you do a week? How many pellets do you feed?

Last edited by kfryman; 04-15-2012 at 01:58 AM.
kfryman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 03:02 AM   #5 
Bombalurina

I wouldn't wait for the 5 gallon to get a heater. Bettas are tropical - he needs one now.

Pictures? Apart from the lack of heater, his tank sounds nice. :)
Bombalurina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 08:35 AM   #6 
Bettagirl101

I'm getting better at cleaning Nemo's bowl. I clean it and do a complete water change every Saturday. So once a week. Not it is not heated. I'm trying to find another cage to put the hermit crab in so I can move Nemo into the 5 gallon asap. I think I will just wait to get the heater at a later time because my budget for all the betta supplies for the 5 g is 50 dollars including tax. If I have enough money left over or if my mom is willing to pay for it, I may go ahead and buy it. I probably won't be going to get the stuff until the last weekend in April. Next Mon. the 23rd is my b-day and so I will be spending some of my b-day money on this. Also I am going to be SUPER busy next weekend and won't have time to buy all the supplies. I will post pics of Nemo and his bowl once I get some pics of him uploaded.
Old 04-15-2012, 08:52 AM   #7 
Bettagirl101

This is Nemo
Nemo's Bowl
Not a very good pic but Nemo Flaring up These pics are not the best I think it's because my camera sucks at taking good pics but yall get the jist of it.
Old 04-15-2012, 08:56 AM   #8 
Bettagirl101

Opps didn't work let me try again
This is Nemo You will have to scroll down to see the other 3 pics of him and his bowl.
Old 04-15-2012, 08:57 AM   #9 
Bettagirl101

ok I can't seem to get the pics of him onto this post. Any idea's on how to get pics on here?
Old 04-16-2012, 02:45 PM   #10 
Sheldon31

Do you have photo bucket? It's the only way I know how to do it is to upload to photobucket then copy and paste the IMG code.
Sheldon31 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
beta care, betta tank setup