Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 08-14-2013, 01:34 PM   #1 
vic2367

new here ..and too bettas

hi everyone , i hear its ok to feed your bettas snails , is this true ? and if so what kinds ? am looking to feed something more than just pellets to my guy

thanks

vic
vic2367 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 01:39 PM   #2 
Seki

Er... no, I wouldn't try and feed them snails. I've heard of bettas killing and eating their snail tankmates before, but not that much. If you're looking to feed live foods, go with mosquito larvae or things like grindal worms. Baby brine shrimp are also a nice little treat for them. You can also supplement with frozen foods like frozen bloodworms and frozen daphnia.
Seki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 01:39 PM   #3 
10asartin

You can feed some types of snails, but many have shells that are too hard for bettas. If you do want to feed snails only feed those you have purchased (don't find them in the backyard as they could make your betta ill) and only feed them as an occasional treat.
Pellets should be the cornerstone of his diet as good pellets contain many essential nutrients for your betta. I suggest Omega One or New Life Spectrum pellets.
You could also try feeding frozen bloodworms, frozen daphnia, or brine shrimp. All of which can be purchased at many pet stores and local fish stores.
10asartin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 02:13 PM   #4 
vic2367

thanks for the fast info guys ,,im gonna stick with pellets and frozen bloodworms
vic2367 is offline   Reply With Quote