Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Other Fish
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 04-15-2012, 11:43 PM   #1 
kfryman

Does this sound good?

I will be stocking the Aqueon 16 gallon bowfront that will have the Ehiem Ecoo 2232, rated for up to 35 gallons, lightly planted. The stocking would be 13-15 neon tetras and 1 dwarf gourami.

So does it work? Do you think the gourami would get anxious with all the tetras?

Any other stocking for a soft water tank with a a pH of 6-8 is accepted. I will be altering the pH with peat if I do get the tetras.
kfryman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 12:36 AM   #2 
Bombalurina

Sounds like it will be extremely pretty! Which colour morph of the DG are you looking at? :)

I would probably go with 10 cardinals instead of the neons, but that's just because I like cardinals better. :)
Bombalurina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 05:48 AM   #3 
MaisyDawgThirteen

Sounds nice. :) Will it be a NPT?
MaisyDawgThirteen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 08:12 AM   #4 
Mo

Sounds like a great stocking plan!

But Have you thought about
10 boraras brigittae,

8 Pygmy cories,

5 cherry shrimp,

and
1 scarlet badis

All pictures found on google under the common name

Last edited by Mo; 04-16-2012 at 08:17 AM.
Mo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 09:24 AM   #5 
kfryman

Mo honestly, I would totally get those fish, but I am limited to what is around me as I when I buy the neons I am not gonna buy them all on the same day. I will buy like 4 the first day, then another day I will buy some more, and then get the rest so the bacteria can catch up. I don't want their to be a bad ammonia spike and kill all the fish. I am not getting cardinals as they are more sensitive because they still wild catch them...

It will have some plants with Ecocomplete, roottabs, and lots of fertilizers. Ecocomplete doesnt have enough nutrients to keep it going so you need to use additional fertilizers with it.

For the gourami I was thinking flame, neon or honey. If I can find honey that is lol, i may get one from Aquabid, but that all depends if I can find just one for sale that looks good.
Old 04-16-2012, 05:44 PM   #6 
Bombalurina

My favourite is the neon. :) I've actually found cardinals are no less hardy than neons. Neons are so overbred these days they die at the drop of a hat, whilst cardinals seem much stronger. Our cardinals are tank bred, though, and it does vary from area to area. :)

Mo, that's pretty much one of my dream stockings! If only I didn't kill rasboras. :p
Bombalurina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 06:39 PM   #7 
Olympia
TFK Moderator

I vote flame dwarf gourami. All the neons I've seen are either incredibly washed out looking, or the contrast of red/blue is just too much for the eyes.
Maybe QT the gourami for a while in case of dwarf gourami disease? Not sure how fast you'd notice it, though. An aquabid breeder would be a safer bet than a pet store one I'm sure.
Olympia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 11:51 AM   #8 
kfryman

Maybe I will get cardinal then! How many sounds good for the tank? Okay, flame gourmami! I do love their colors!
Old 04-17-2012, 07:13 PM   #9 
Mo

Cardinals are magnificant fish! In My Opinion the are much more attractive, and stunning than neons. you could have about 8 in there
Mo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 07:28 PM   #10 
fish monger

Can you adjust your filter ? I have a filter rated up to 45 gallons on a 30 gallon tank and it really seems like too much to me insofar as current is concerned.
fish monger is offline   Reply With Quote