Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 04-16-2012, 01:33 PM   #11 
BeckyFish97

If people want to believe it's impossible then they're the ones killing betta's by not trying to help them. If it was impossible, then there would be no success stories!
BeckyFish97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 02:29 PM   #12 
Sena Hansler

Well out of what I read, I read about 10 things and only 2 were "success" stories. One was of a gold fish who had chronic SBD, and he only lived a few months after surviving dropsy and two relapses! The other is the one you showed me.

So hey, why not Plus, y'know how rare true butterfly bettas are around here?? xD Juniper only carries the gene, and I've only seen one other butterfly but he was sold before I got him (and he had white fungus stuff on him...)

Can I dip food in the betta revive??!!
Sena Hansler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 02:38 PM   #13 
BeckyFish97

Well from what I've seen, the general advice is soak the food for a better outcome
Old 04-16-2012, 02:47 PM   #14 
Sena Hansler

But would it be okay to soak it in betta revive? :) Both will eat haha. Which is good I haven't found any anti-bacterial foods so it's the ol' fashioned "dip n' feed" way :P
Old 04-16-2012, 02:55 PM   #15 
BeckyFish97

Like I say from what I read, Yes it seems like its ok to soak it :)
Old 04-16-2012, 02:57 PM   #16 
Sena Hansler

alright

On an off handed non-dropsy related note, thanks to Zebra's crazed tantrum during the columnaris outbreak of the sorority Tina wasn't in the "clear zone" when she was attacked, therefore the columnaris definitely took root and she has the despicable orange on her fin like Sarah did, and now I have to dose her for columnaris friggin frackin.
Old 04-16-2012, 03:02 PM   #17 
BeckyFish97

Hmmm thats convenient :P
Old 04-16-2012, 03:22 PM   #18 
Sena Hansler

lol. Hey! betta revive work for columnaris? xD She's in a 1 gallon since her attack. Now her wound has healed, but the tail is black (from the columnaris I presume) and her dorsal has the orange poor baby. But she loved her mealworm and daphnia treat ^^
Old 04-16-2012, 05:04 PM   #19 
MrVampire181

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sena Hansler View Post
Well out of what I read, I read about 10 things and only 2 were "success" stories. One was of a gold fish who had chronic SBD, and he only lived a few months after surviving dropsy and two relapses! The other is the one you showed me.

So hey, why not Plus, y'know how rare true butterfly bettas are around here?? xD Juniper only carries the gene, and I've only seen one other butterfly but he was sold before I got him (and he had white fungus stuff on him...)

Can I dip food in the betta revive??!!
How do you know your betta carries the BF gene?

Quote:
alright

On an off handed non-dropsy related note, thanks to Zebra's crazed tantrum during the columnaris outbreak of the sorority Tina wasn't in the "clear zone" when she was attacked, therefore the columnaris definitely took root and she has the despicable orange on her fin like Sarah did, and now I have to dose her for columnaris friggin frackin.
Columnaris doesn't have an orange coloring. It's either white and patchy or white and stringy.
Quote:
lol. Hey! betta revive work for columnaris? xD She's in a 1 gallon since her attack. Now her wound has healed, but the tail is black (from the columnaris I presume) and her dorsal has the orange poor baby. But she loved her mealworm and daphnia treat ^^
Betta Revive is watered down methylene blue. Methylene blue works on wimpy bacteria and external parasites but it will not work on something as nasty as columnaris.
MrVampire181 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 09:37 PM   #20 
Sena Hansler

Thanks, Mr Vampire.

And Ghengis has the butterfly coloring. While Juniper who was almost a look alike, does not have the full butterfly coloring, but only half.

Okay, so if Sarah who had the orange didn't have it, and Marge who got the BLUE similar to Sarah's orange, and it wasn't columnaris, what was it? Their colored spots disintegrated, and Sarah died from it. All the females who were in contact with it had healed except Tina, because Tina had been brutally attacked leaving a bloody wound. Now her fin has ORANGE which is not her color and I know this because she is irridescent purple, with the plain body. the orange is out of place, and surely like Sarah had, it'll disintegrate. :/ and then she'll die. The tank she has has never had a sick fish in it, everything had been boiled if it had been with any death related tank (even old age)...

What do you suggest? =D I do have kanaplex, AQ salt, epsom, Maracyn 2, Fungal med, anti-parasite fizz tab, betta revive, and furan 2.

I tried to ask this last time with Sarah and not many answers came up. And so on yahooanswers someone mentioned columnaris, and I kept the temperature lower as instructed, and did what was needed and it worked for the other gals. :( Marge though, I did "amputate" the fins which btw I don't want to do very often (or rather ever again), but it did work to get rid of the blue weirdness.