Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 04-23-2012, 09:02 PM   #41 
kfryman

Shirley, you should get your husband a Mexican Dwarf Crayfish! They stay to the size of about 1.5 inches and won't eat live fish, unless if it is maybe starved, then it might. They are nicely colored as well so he may like them. Also make sure they have a hiding place or two, caves preferably, while they molt.

He does sound desperate, ask him if he will budge to a $100, if he doesn't go up a bit. When negotiating always go lower if buying or higher if selling, makes it easier to make more money because if you go low you lost some money.
kfryman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 09:26 PM   #42 
Shirleythebetta

I'll have to look into that. He would like it and that would be good in a ten gallon. Thanks! I can't believe he wants one of those though. They are way creepy to me.
Shirleythebetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 09:36 PM   #43 
sparkyjoe

Oh my gosh, oh my gosh! I asked my BF about the tanks and he wasn't against the idea.

So, I noticed that the seller had re-posted them on Craigslist so I took a chance and asked if they might be willing to go any lower. They came back fairly quickly and said that whey would be willing to come down a bit so I think we've settled on a lower number.

Then, to add further blessing, my BF offered to help me with the cost, which means a lot.

So, I'm hopefully getting...
1 - 29 gallon w/ hood
2 - 10 gallons (1 w/hood)
1 - 5 gallon

and a boat load of extra supplies (some heaters, filters, decor, chemicals, etc...)

I'm so excited!!!! It's going to take me a while to get everything set up, and I'm going to have to do everything on the cheap, plus I'm going to need to figure out where to PUT everything, but I'm so excited I can hardly stand it.

I've dreamed of a 29 gallon community tank for a while.
sparkyjoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 10:03 PM   #44 
Shirleythebetta

YAY! I am so happy for you!
Old 04-25-2012, 10:09 PM   #45 
Sakura8

Congrats, Sparky!
Sakura8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 10:19 PM   #46 
sparkyjoe

Thanks! I'm going to need LOTS of tips about how to make this happen without spending much more money.

I know I can use play sand, but how else can I cut corners??

I think I'm gonna start a new thread so I don't completely hijack this one, but any tips/tricks/suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Old 04-26-2012, 03:15 AM   #47 
Shirleythebetta

no prob. I am glad to hear you got this stuff. I don't consider it hijacking when the the OP is happy about your find! The sand is a must. So far I am really liking it.
Old 04-26-2012, 03:26 AM   #48 
sparkyjoe

So, two Ohio girls up late/early! Is this storm keeping you up or maybe did it wake you up?

Thanks about the tank. I haven't actually gotten then in my house yet so I'm hesitant to be completely sure it will happen, but I'm sooooooo hopeful!

Yeah, I'll probably do the sand, but after that I'm not sure. I keep debating about whether to do a community tank or a sorority. I know I would love a marble male, but I don't want to stress him in a community. The community fish that interested me seem to be "sensitive" and I don't want to kill them. I worry about how aggressive the girls are, plus if I want to do cherry shrimp in this tank a pack of betta girls might eat all of them!

Decisions, decisions...
Old 04-26-2012, 03:29 AM   #49 
Shirleythebetta

Yep, This Ohio girl never sleeps :) I haven't had to much storm here. rain mostly with a bit of thunder. I am a weird sleeper. You should try a sorority. They can be a challenge but if you do it right it is way rewarding. There's ups and downs but its worth it.
Old 04-26-2012, 07:52 PM   #50 
Sakura8

Yeah, cherry shrimps almost have to be in a tank of their own 'cause they're just so tiny. Or you have to have a lot of java moss for them to hide in.

I second the sorority. It's my favorite tank, even over my community.
Sakura8 is offline   Reply With Quote