Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 04-27-2012, 01:38 AM   #61 
Shirleythebetta

It was hilarious. I miss that little bugger. I had him about a year. I think he was a victim of poor water at the store. He never grew, he was only an inch long and was always on the week side. He was a walmart betta found in a yellow cup. He was my favorite boy. I know you aren't supposed to have a favorite but he was so funny. He used to scare me by playing hide and seek in his castle ornament. I had to stuff plants in the small holes the little stinker. It's going to be hard tomorrow to find a new boy to go in his tank :( At least my hubbys little bro will be there to help me pick it out. He picked Red Box and he is a wonderful fish.
but at least he left me with funny memories!
SparkyJoe I think you ought to try out the sorority I bet you'll be hooked. If you want any ideas on how dense it should be let me know and I will show you how dense mine is. I actually think mine is bare at the moment.
Shirleythebetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 02:17 AM   #62 
sparkyjoe

Thanks, Shirley, I appreciate it and yeah, I'll be sure to ask for help if I decide to go for the sorority.

I'm sorry about your boy, but hopefully you can find another one with a great personality. Let us know if you have any luck and post pics!

And I know what you mean about favorites, I often feel guilty because I love all my boys, but two are special favorites.
sparkyjoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 03:00 AM   #63 
Shirleythebetta

There's always those few that steal a little more of your heart than all the rest. *Sigh* I will post a picture thread when they are adjusted. I am buying two boys (that I know of) tomorrow. Oh! good news. The sand in the two tanks is looking great and the filter is running smoooth.
Old 04-27-2012, 03:39 AM   #64 
sparkyjoe

Yay for new bettas, good lookin' sand, & smooth runnin' filters!
Old 04-27-2012, 04:27 AM   #65 
Shirleythebetta

ooo yea
Old 04-27-2012, 02:06 PM   #66 
Shirleythebetta

Here's the two new boys.

http://www.bettafish.com/showthread....04#post1061104
Old 04-27-2012, 08:56 PM   #67 
sparkyjoe

OK, I'm sorry to beat this dead horse but I think I've decided to do a betta sorority/community tank kind of thing.

I'm thinking of 6-7 girls, 6-7 Black Neon Tetras, a Bristle Nose Pleco, and some Red Cherry Shrimps. Since I'm gonna do the sand substrate I was thinking of Malaysian Trumpet Snails? Also maybe some sort of small loach, maybe Kuhli or Dwarf Chain?

Of course the different fish would be added over a period of time, maybe Tetras, snails, shrimps, Pleco, Betta Girls, etc... Does that sound like a good stocking plan and intro schedule?
Old 04-27-2012, 09:12 PM   #68 
Shirleythebetta

Not to sure. I always tend to over stock. Have you posted in the compatability section? I don't think is would be a bad ratio but you couls ask there. Don't ever feel bad about having a conversation on my post's. I don't care. I don't think that this is hijacking or whatever they call it. Variety is the spice of life. haha.
Old 04-28-2012, 04:13 PM   #69 
Sakura8

If you get kuhli loaches, you won't need Malaysian trumpets because kuhlis bury themselves in the sand and keep it aerated. I've heard stories of kuhlis hurting themselves on the pointy shells of MTS.

Also, if you get kuhlis, you may never see them. >.> Little buggers are cute as can be but nocturnal. *looks into community tank* Oh where are you, little kuhlis?
Sakura8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 05:28 PM   #70 
sparkyjoe

Ah, Sakura, I appreciate the tip about the Kuhlis! I'm glad to know that because I was worried that the MTS would get out of hand. The little Kuhlis are really cute.