Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 04-28-2012, 05:50 PM   #71 
Sakura8

Yeah, my MTS did kind of have a population explosion. If you get kuhlis, they like to be in groups of 5 or more. I'd say 3 at the minimum. Any less than that and you'll absolutely never see them. You won't even know you have them. They're kind of shy little fish.
Sakura8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 09:42 PM   #72 
Shirleythebetta

hmmm, I got molly's for my sand tank and one had a baby when I came back.. -_- So my filters off and waiting for more babies. I think they got sucked up or she ate them. I knew she was pregnant but I didn't expect her to have them so soon. Sand is working out great. I like that I can see the poop. This will motivate me to clean the tank more than every two weeks. Oh, and I got two very beautiful crowtail females today *Blushes* also a 20 gallon long tank (for 15 dollars) to transfer my sorority too possibly tomorrow... teehee.
Shirleythebetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 10:07 PM   #73 
sparkyjoe

Oh, wow. Lots of new fishies at your place! Don't forget the pics!

I can't wait until I can get started building my 29 gallon. I picked up the tanks today and wow did that guy's house stink!!! Yuck!

The tanks are out in my attached garage until I can get my BF to help me clean then out. That doesn't mean that I can't go out and get the play sand, right? I think I'm gonna use cinder blocks to make a DIY stand so I could get them and start thinking on whether I want to paint them or not.
sparkyjoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 10:21 PM   #74 
Shirleythebetta

UH! I am so happy you got them. Nasty the guys house stunk. That reminds me of my Aunt who is a horder. She has a dozen cats and a dog and the house smells like someone hosed the inside of it with ammonia. Hopefully the tanks aren't to stinky. hehe, go get your play sand!
My new girls so made me drool. One is midnight blue with a black face and a blood red tail, my neice named her Smokey. The other is a cambodian with a green tinted body and blue and red tail, she named her Angel. Nice names I think.
Shirleythebetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 10:31 PM   #75 
sparkyjoe

Ohhh, those girls sound lovely!

Yeah, I can't get that smell out of my nose. He had a couple of dogs and I think a cat, there was a nasty fly strip that way covered and honkin' HUGE fruit flies buzzing around. (Shudder!!) I think the tanks will clean up OK, but until I can hit 'em with some bleach they stay out in the garage!
sparkyjoe is offline   Reply With Quote