Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 04-28-2012, 05:37 PM   #1 
SweetNightmare

What kind of plant is this?

So, even my manager had no idea what kind of plant this was at my job, a pet store. So, I took a bundle and went home with it. And so began my experiment; I put a few stalks in the shadow of one of my silk plants, a few right in the middle where there was a lot of light, and a few in a sort of mid light area. I use LEDs that came with my marineland biowheel ten gallon kit. The ones right in the light did wonderfully, the ones in mid light did okay, and the ones in shadow...well, all their leaves melted off. So I moved them all to the center where the most light is and moved all the silk ones to the sides where there's not a lot of light.

Now, I'm simply curious. Can anyone tell me what these are?

You can click on the pics to make them bigger. The only thing that looks remotely like it is bacopa, but I don't think that's what it is...

Also, I got a baby corkscrew val as a hitchhiker. :D
SweetNightmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 06:37 PM   #2 
kfryman

Looks like a variant of bacopa. The plant should have thick leaves.
kfryman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 06:40 PM   #3 
Mo

Looks like Moneywort to me. Bacopa Monnieri
Mo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 06:53 PM   #4 
SweetNightmare

It does look like Moneywort! The mystery is solved, lol. Glad it's hardy according to the internet, cause the ones from the shade need to do a little recovering. ((Found a few more melted leaves on them today, picked 'em off, my guppy's doing a good job keeping anything from growing off of it.)) If it doesn't recover, no big deal, I'll just start trimming my anacharis and using that as my live plants; they're at least doing well, lol. I definitely DON'T have a green thumb, my water wisteria from before the moneywort just sort of faded away.
SweetNightmare is offline   Reply With Quote