Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Finless Friends
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 04-18-2012, 08:02 PM   #21 
Laki

Try to add some apple cider vinegar to his food. Touch his mouth and see if maybe he's got discomfort in his mouth. He is 9 years old. Gingivitis might be affecting him. Purina isn't the best dry food out there because its so full of corn and by products and grains and stuff, maybe he's allergic to those ingredients?
**Sorry to come off as condescending about food.. I had my dog for 14 years. He ate store foods made with corn and fillers and all that gross stuff for about 11 years before I started buying holistic. The difference on holistic was almost immediately and definitely prolonged his life!
Now I only feed holistic. It's not that much more expensive for the lower end holistic ("Holistic BLend" is available at grocery stores) and you feed less per meal!
Laki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 08:06 PM   #22 
xShainax

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laki View Post
Try to add some apple cider vinegar to his food. Touch his mouth and see if maybe he's got discomfort in his mouth. He is 9 years old. Gingivitis might be affecting him. Purina isn't the best dry food out there because its so full of corn and by products and grains and stuff, maybe he's allergic to those ingredients?
**Sorry to come off as condescending about food.. I had my dog for 14 years. He ate store foods made with corn and fillers and all that gross stuff for about 11 years before I started buying holistic. The difference on holistic was almost immediately and definitely prolonged his life!
Now I only feed holistic. It's not that much more expensive for the lower end holistic ("Holistic BLend" is available at grocery stores) and you feed less per meal!
You aren't coming off condescending. :) And yeah, he has a mild allergy to corn so my parents are going to try Blue buffalo
xShainax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 08:15 PM   #23 
Laki

Allergies in dogs and cats is usually caused by corn-based foods. I hope the Blue Buffalo helps!!

I only worried about coming off as condescending because for a while before I changed my food people on forums were kind of rude to anybody who didn't spend a trillion dollars on food. Cost is not everything! I know bc I'm a broke student and managed to make my dog healthy on the holistic blend brand! Blue Buffalo is a great name! I hope Shiloh feels better on it! Just make the change slowly (over a week or two)
Laki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 08:17 PM   #24 
xShainax

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laki View Post
Allergies in dogs and cats is usually caused by corn-based foods. I hope the Blue Buffalo helps!!

I only worried about coming off as condescending because for a while before I changed my food people on forums were kind of rude to anybody who didn't spend a trillion dollars on food. Cost is not everything! I know bc I'm a broke student and managed to make my dog healthy on the holistic blend brand! Blue Buffalo is a great name! I hope Shiloh feels better on it! Just make the change slowly (over a week or two)
I will :)
xShainax is offline   Reply With Quote