Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Pictures
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 04-18-2012, 06:35 PM   #11 
MollyJean

How is she eating? And the possible sister you already had, was she in good health?
MollyJean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 07:42 PM   #12 
Tikibirds

moves pretty good for not having a rear end
Tikibirds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 08:28 PM   #13 
sparkyjoe

The little boy that I got from EvilVOG was stress striped and pale when he arrived here, and he could drop color like nobody's business when I startled him those first few days, but he soon colored up and now he's fairly confident. In fact, when I moved him to his new tank I don't think he lost any color and was running around acting like he owned that tank the minute I released him after acclimating.
sparkyjoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 09:05 PM   #14 
EvilVOG

yeah she's mostly been in good health, and all her tankmates seemed to be in good health. Not sure where they're getting their fish from but they're pretty big and hardy.

She's timid around me but she ate pretty good.
EvilVOG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 09:13 PM   #15 
Martinismommy

She is adorable....It is a genetic defect but she sure is cute!
Martinismommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 09:17 PM   #16 
Sketch

What a cutie! So glad you were able to go and get her and she will have a good home.
Sketch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 10:26 PM   #17 
MollyJean

It really does make me wonder, too. If it is a defect I wonder how she made it so long.

I'm glad she's doing so well, regardless! And thank you so so much for getting her and caring for her til she comes home. I don't know many people who would do something like this for a stranger.
Old 04-18-2012, 10:47 PM   #18 
Twilight Storm

Tidbit is a great name for her. I probably would have snapped her up in the store if I saw her.
I don't think she probably should have been sold seeing as it is probably a genetic defect, but gosh is she an adorable little female. I am glad she slipped through the cracks and you found her VOG. Kudos to you MollyJean and boyfriend/husband for adopting her. :)
Twilight Storm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 10:55 PM   #19 
EvilVOG

Not a big deal since i have most of the supplies for shipping handy and am in the habit of doing it. Introduced her to glassworms today... she was a bit unsure at first but once she tried one... Bettas always love glassworms. If she keeps eating real good and i can get her belly to distend by Saturday i should be able to ship her Monday.
EvilVOG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 05:15 AM   #20 
MollyJean

She should have been culled early on if it is a defect, which makes it a huge mystery. Maybe her tail will grow back, it could just be an injury. Only time will tell. But she'll be fine either way, and I don't intend to breed her ever. She will simply be a pampered fishy for the rest of her days.

And she's lucky, cause my favorite pet store is moving and everything is on sale so they don't have to move as much stock. I'm going out there this weekend to pick up some supplies. I love this place, when I got my fish, Bettabettabetta, from them, the woman said "Bye baby, I'll miss you" to the fish... It was sooo cute! It's one of those little pet stores where the few employees they have really care about animals.