Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Pictures
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 04-20-2012, 12:02 PM   #21 
MollyJean

How's she been, Vog? Still active and healthy I hope. I'm going out today and crossing my fingers that I find a 5 gallon or more at the thrift stores! The more I look at this 2 gallon the less I like it. It's nice and wide, but I'm having a hard time covering it.
MollyJean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 09:46 PM   #22 
EvilVOG

Forgot to respond to this... She's doing great, she got plump for me so i can send her on Monday. I have some oak leaves in the little tank with her, she loves laying on top of them.

EvilVOG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 01:41 PM   #23 
MollyJean

She's here! She looks like the trip was kind of upsetting, but she's very active!
Pale and stressed, but that will fade soon, I'm sure. I have a split 10 gallon waiting
for her, but it needs a heater, so as soon as I get that in the mail, probably tomorrow,
she'll go in. For now she's in a small lily bowl. It's temporary! She's got a betta heating
pad under the rocks, so she's warm, no worries!

She's ready to get out of that dang bag!

The post office gave me some problems. they tried to tell me only goldfish could be
sent through USPS..... i had to open the package to show her the fish. I took Tidbit
out and the USPS woman asked what kind of fish she was. So I told her it was a female
betta... She said it couldn't be, it didn't have long enough fins... So I had to explain
about betta females having short fins. She said they had only ever had one other person
receive a fish and the man told them it was a fish, but when he opened it it was "One of
those bottom feeding poop eater things" (In the woman's words, not mine) and she didn't
think that was a fish, so they sent the package an hour away to Knoxville and the man
had to go there to apply to get it.. I'm going to look up the Tennessee laws and regulations
on transporting fish right now so if it happens again I can whip that out and deal with the
problem right away.

But in the end Tidbit came home with me and everything is fine!

Oh, and I am SO fish brained right now. We went out to eat last night, the waitress was new
and very nervous, so I drew her something... I folded the rest of the paper into a pocket and
put her tip in it, she was much less nervous when we left.

I'll post more pics of Tidbit when she colors up!

Last edited by MollyJean; 04-25-2012 at 01:50 PM.
Old 04-25-2012, 02:36 PM   #24 
Luimeril

that was sweet of you to do for the waitress. :3

and Tidbit is the cutest thing EVER! i'm a sucker for odd or different bettas(which is why i ended up with Scout, who was the ugliest thing ever). can't wait to see the updated pictures!
Luimeril is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 03:32 PM   #25 
sparkyjoe

OMGosh! That's crazy about the post office! No wonder they're putting themselves out of business! Sigh.

I bet your new little girl is just happy to be out of that bag. It sounds like she's already got you wrapped around her little fins.
sparkyjoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 03:39 PM   #26 
EvilVOG

funny this one got to you on priority mail faster than the one i sent to Canada via express.

She's probably quite hungry.

Glad she has a good new home!
Old 04-25-2012, 03:41 PM   #27 
BeckyFish97

Firstly, She's gorgeous!
Secondly, I might be completely wrong here but in the first picture of her the end of her body where her tail should be, it looks a little fuzzy like there's something growing there, I had a female who lost most of her tail before and I thought it had gone for good but then the whole thing grew back.Just thought I should let you know what I was seeing!!!
BeckyFish97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 05:31 PM   #28 
MollyJean

Unfortunately, that's just a trick of light on her bag. It's a pretty clean cut, no scar I can see, no breaks, no malformed scales. I'll try to get a better picture now that she's out of her bag and in the bowl. She's very active, though! Swims like crazy, but can't turn that easily, and ends up twisting her who body.. it's cute as heck. And when she wants to stop, she has to twist her body side to side, cause she really does pick up some speed, and there are no breaks!

She ate almost right away, which surprised me. 3 pellets.. I've forgotten what it was like feeding a betta who wasn't trained to come up to the top of the tank. Bettabettabetta KNOWS when he's about to be fed and comes running.. swimming? Tidbit will learn.
Old 04-25-2012, 06:32 PM   #29 
EvilVOG

yeah i almost had her trained. she knew what my hand meant, but was still timid.

If i forgot to mention i had some leaves i put in with her that she liked to sit on till they sank.
Old 04-25-2012, 06:56 PM   #30 
MollyJean

I got some better pics of her. Really nice ones.. might even submit one to the monthly contest.
Would be a huge change, huh? For now, I got some close up's of her tail (tail area?) to study.
I'll link to the pictures since they are so big. What does everyone thing? Genetic or cut or what?

Tidbit is photogenic!
Butt wiggler

As you can see, I have an aquatic banana plant in there, and she really loves sitting on the leaves.
She's on one right now in fact!

Last edited by MollyJean; 04-25-2012 at 07:03 PM.