Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 05-05-2012, 11:36 AM   #1 
Bettas Rule
Banned

The healthiest diet in the world

I know that every health diet proves to be the best but this one really is the best. How do I know this for a fact? Because this diet comes from a race of people who have the longest life expectancy in the world. These people outlive the Japanese, and even all of the extremists diets here in the US like not eating meat and milk products. If you want to live a health balanced life that does not deny your body anything it needs, this is the diet for you. If you don't care about your health and you just want to save animals, then disregard this diet.
Quote:
Benefits
According to U.S. Census Department data from 2009, Andorrans live longer than the people of any other country. As of 2009, the average Andorran lives at least 85 years. Not only do they enjoy long life, Andorrans tend to live a low-stress lifestyle away from most of the world. They eat relatively the same diet they have eaten for generations and prioritize healthy living as part of their culture.

Foods
Andorra was isolated from the rest of the world for most of its history, and so the people ate the foods grown and raised locally. Today, Andorrans eat a similar diet consisting of locally grown fruits and vegetables, fish, wild game and bread -- particularly a dark rye bread from rye grown in Andorra. They also eat meat. Lamb, pork and veal are among the most popular types of meat, according to the book "Andorra" by Byron Augustin. The isard, a member of the antelope family, is the most commonly hunted animal, though Andorrans may also eat squirrel, rabbits and wild pigs.

Read more: http://www.livestrong.com/article/54...#ixzz1u0vBSUDf
Bettas Rule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 01:18 PM   #2 
dramaqueen
Banned

It's up to the individual to decide what diet is right for them. If a person feels strongly about saving animals and going vegan then I say more power to them. Go for it.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 02:12 PM   #3 
Bettas Rule
Banned

I feel the same way, If a person wants to try living off dirt I could care less. I only get annoyed at people trying to push their beliefs on others. Especially when they lie to people about nutrition to get them to join, or try to say that we don't respect animals because we eat meat. I am an avid animal lover,and I truly enjoy the company of animals over humans. The whole "meat is murder" argument sickens me. If people want to be extremest so be it, but why push it on others, or judge other people who are not doing anything to them? Personally I think it's wrong to be allowed to lie to the public about nutrition for any reason. It's too important to a humans survival to have good nutrition. Since being in a free country means living with vegans and vegetarians, I try to help people by providing the truth about nutrition, for those that care more about their health. There are lots of young people on this site and the vegan/vegetarian diet has been the death of many infants, teens and adults. There are massive amounts of cases of this from many different countries not just ours. The only way I can try to help people/kids, from falling into this "Trend" is to try to provide factual evidence that a vegan/vegetarian lifestyle is not the answer to their diet problems. Especially to our youth, as meat is crucial to brain development, teens have a massive amount of brain growth going on and they desperately need the fatty acids in meat for the brain to grow correctly. I know there is nothing I can do to help the people who choose that lifestyle due to not wanting to eat animals.

So, if a person wants to be healthy and live a long time they can follow this diet, a diet that has proven itself over hundreds of years.

I would also like to add that their are many studies showing that people should choose diets based off their blood type because it identifies what areas of the world we came from and what diet our bodies are designed to digest properly.

Example many foods that bettas will eat have a negative effect on their biology even thought the food is great nutrition to other animals.

Last edited by Bettas Rule; 05-05-2012 at 02:16 PM.
Bettas Rule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 02:30 PM   #4 
dramaqueen
Banned

I don't believe babies and young children ought to be fed vegetarian and vegan types of diets because they're still growing and their bodies need certain things to ensure proper growth.
Old 05-10-2012, 01:37 AM   #5 
Bombalurina

A properly varied vegan diet is very healthy. :) You can still get all the nutrients you need, as long as you have variety and include things like legumes and spinach.

I don't think meat is murder, but I do think the way farms treat animals prior to killing them is barbaric. Veal in particular (mentioned as part of that Andorran diet) is obtained in what I consider to be an extremely cruel way.
I suspect the Andorran lifestyle has as much to do with their longevity as their diet has.
Bombalurina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 02:03 AM   #6 
Tamyu

Living in Japan, I am more of the belief that community and activity levels as you age have a lot more to do with longevity than diet. A decent and nutritious diet is good, of course, but I do not think it comes close to the weight that lifestyle has.

You don`t see many sedentary people in communities with high longevity. Even with the elderly - house bound or bed ridden doesn`t come until the very end. In Japan, the most common hobby-activity for the elderly is gardening.. well, not even regular gardening - think mini-farming. Towns lend plots of land to the elderly and they farm them in their spare time, growing vegetables for family and friends. The elderly gather and run hobby-level shops to sell their produce... And even those who don`t actually hobby-farm will come, talk, and buy. There is a strong sense of community that continues into old age.

My understanding is that the people in other areas known for longevity are similar. They remain active and valued in the community well past "retirement".

There have also been multiple studies over the years showing that someone having an important role in the household or community makes a huge difference in their health. After retirement, those who have lost their "place" in the world by leaving their job become ill and die much much earlier than those who are given or find some other responsibility to focus on.

It is lifestyle, not diet, that extends life.
Tamyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 05:39 AM   #7 
Olympia
TFK Moderator

There's an island community off of Italy where people regularly live to 100. It too has not been developed. Almost nothing is imported, they make their own everything.

In bio we learned that people evolved to be smarter through adding meat to the diet- all the protein boosted our brain growth incredibly. It made me rethink a lot of what I believed.
Another good point was made that vegan diets are detrimental to children. I was reading a stats on unnecessary child deaths caused by their parents in the US. One of the common ones- children dying due to UNEDUCATED parents feeding their children vegan. Most died of B12 deficiency. This is an essential nutrient, NOT found in ANY plant matter (it has been found in extremely fresh kelp- but it disappears to nothing once kelp is dried and is impractical for that reason). We are able to reproduce it artificially now, so if that's what you want then fine. Just all those children that died due to their -uneducated- vegan parents seems terrible to me. Better yet, they don't get in trouble in the states, since it's legal to put your beliefs on your children, if they die you don't get in trouble. But that's another issue altogether.
Whatever your diet is- understand it. If you're vegan, go pick up some B12 pills. If you eat meat, please don't overdo it- there is a point where it becomes incredibly unhealthy.

Another thing- it is impossible to live like those people in our country. Everything is covered in crap here. Literally. We watched a documentary in Chem, I found out that our Ontario government dumps hundreds of tons of untreated sewer waste on our farmland, sometimes against the will of the farmer. We don't know what's in this sewage, the government refuses to tell the farmers. No analysis of it is provided to anyone. That scares me- if the government isn't willing to tell us. After seeing clips of used tampons sitting on our crops, I wanted to stop eating everything. We are not safe.
Posted via Mobile Device
Olympia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 03:59 PM   #8 
dramaqueen
Banned

Eeuuwww!
Old 05-10-2012, 07:20 PM   #9 
Bombalurina

That is kind of gross.

Isn't B12 present in most decent cereals these days?
Bombalurina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 08:23 PM   #10 
Olympia
TFK Moderator

Conclusion: Can a Natural Diet Require Supplements?
Maybe- it says to eat things fortified with B12.
It's just one of those things that you have to hunt down in your food to be sure you're getting enough.

Another unrelated side thought- I don't think any specific diet is the best. There's those people near Italy which eat a more traditional European diet. There's the Japanese, who claim that their high seafood diets make them live longer. There's the Mongolians, for them eating fish is taboo, they eat mostly horse meat I believe, they live around, or possibly slightly longer than the Japanese on average. (Then there's us Polish people, who live pretty short lives I've noticed!) I don't want it to sound racist, but I do think it's possible that different ethnicities adapted to different diets over time.
Olympia is offline   Reply With Quote