Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 04-19-2012, 01:33 AM   #1 
littlegreen

Angry GRRR! I'm SO angry!

Apparently, one of my friend's professors is giving out bettas to the class, and explained that they're great because they need very little space, etc etc...and my friend is under the impression that he's just going to throw away the bettas that don't get homes! She said that she'd talk to him, but...I just don't understand why someone would give live animals to college students who don't know how to care for them. : ( I don't know...
littlegreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 02:00 AM   #2 
DoberMom

Ya it totally pisses me off when people get a live animal that they have no idea how to care for. It's like, what the hell, that's a life you're messing with, even if it is "just a fish" or "just a dog." I hate that excuse, "just a _____." If that's the way you feel, you have no business owning a pet.
DoberMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 07:20 AM   #3 
Sheldon31

Next they'll start giving out real babies during sex ed lessons. It's times like these I'm really glad I live in the UK!
Sheldon31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 08:38 AM   #4 
Laki

wow. You'd think the more education one has (enough for him to be a professor) the smarter he'd be about dishing out live animals!! Maybe he should take back his thoughtful gesture and, instead, take people in the class out for cheap drinks or something. One of the history profs here does it every year with his seminar class! :)

If your friend goes to talk to the prof, suggest that he even ask how many people WANT the betta! Not everybody will and that will reduce the number he actually buys- so none is thrown out. Then, maybe you and your friend can make proper care sheets to hand out.
Laki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 09:41 AM   #5 
Wolfboy51

Have you talked to him and explained the proper care they need? Hopefully if you do he will listen. Best of luck.
Wolfboy51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 10:14 AM   #6 
lvandert

its probably a psychological/sociology class. He's probably testing them in some way. While I don't like the fact that its being done in this way, I do condone his creativity. I'm willing to bet in a couple weeks he's going to ask what their living in, how they look (health wise) and If they want to keep the fish after having it for a while.
lvandert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 10:28 AM   #7 
BeckyFish97

jeez some people!
BeckyFish97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 10:39 AM   #8 
Rosso1011

I think I agree with wolfboy. You should talk to him to find out his intentions. If nothing else you can offer up an article or pamphlet on betta care.
Rosso1011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 07:10 PM   #9 
Betta16

Quote:
Originally Posted by lvandert View Post
its probably a psychological/sociology class. He's probably testing them in some way. While I don't like the fact that its being done in this way, I do condone his creativity. I'm willing to bet in a couple weeks he's going to ask what their living in, how they look (health wise) and If they want to keep the fish after having it for a while.
I once had a teacher do this with goldfish in high school but he never real gave any one a fish instead the day we were suppose to get the fish, he asked us if we had gotten ready and how we pland to take care of the fish, ended up aving to wright a 4 page papper insted lol (funny now was mad then as i had gone and got a new 3gal setup for the fish lol put another betta in it insted thou)
Betta16 is offline   Reply With Quote