Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 04-23-2012, 08:56 AM   #11 
Greenfish

your boy could have reacted in a territorial way, mine always swims around the tank all flared up, when he sees me or when i remove ornaments to clean them. He has even attacked my hand.
Greenfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 09:22 AM   #12 
Sena Hansler

When I've flared certain males, even after the "threat" has been removed from their sight, they will continue to display flaring, showing off their fins, splashing, and just all the classic dominant shows I find it fairly normal, and sometimes funny xD
Sena Hansler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 01:16 PM   #13 
ANHEL123

Quote:
Originally Posted by alinds26 View Post
Just an update, mr. fish is doing great! He is very happy! And we got our first bubble nests from or boys this weekend! Very exiting for us because I read that they only blue them when they are happy!

And the girls are doing great! I did separate them for a day but they seemed very stresses out to be apart. So I tried something new, and went against my better judgment, I put them back together but in a smaller tank. Oddly, the two seemed so happy to be reunited! They swim together and don't pick on each other they way I thought they would! They love being in the same tank! So I have decided to hereto them together and keep a close eye on them. Thank you for all of your help!

I never had girls but i read that it should be no less than 5 of them together. So i think you will have to really keep eye on them and make sure they will not get aggressive toward each other later...
ANHEL123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 01:34 PM   #14 
Sena Hansler

Actually, 4 is fine. 3 and under is the dangerous number :) if one gets stressed, or set off just slihgtly she can viciously attack and even kill the other. Also be reminded that some females are just plain mean and have to be treated like males - kept separate from their own kind.
Sena Hansler is offline   Reply With Quote