Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 04-19-2012, 04:48 PM   #1 
KellyL

Please help diagnose my little man!?

Last Friday before water change he had about 6 white dots on him, overnight after water change they disappeared. My little man has been acting a bit strange and he stopped blowing bubbles for me :(

According to my test strips the water quality is fine even though I think I put a bit to much of the biological filter aid in the tank and it gets a bit scummy on the surface and in the filter/pump chamber!

Anyway when i got home tonight I found he had suffered another breakout in and around his tail and fins (pic below) this is not like last week, last week they were on his head and body and slightly bigger than this. Please help me diagnose him? He's my first tropical fish and I dont want to fail! :(

Thanks!! xx
Attached Images

Last edited by KellyL; 04-19-2012 at 05:01 PM.
KellyL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 07:20 AM   #2 
KellyL

no suggestions?
KellyL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 08:31 AM   #3 
lvandert

I don't really see any spots, maybe its just the picture? Generally white spots/patches means ich, and if their fuzzy its a fungus. If they turn golden yellow its velvet.
lvandert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 09:21 AM   #4 
BeckyFish97

Sounds like Ich, try shining a light on it and if it glows yellow its velvet, it may just show up the white spots again, if it does you need to do daily water changes, and use either salt baths (AQ salt 1tsp/Gal) or meds for a fungal infection will be available at your LFS
BeckyFish97 is offline   Reply With Quote