I wonder if it could be from the dogs food or something she ate thats leaving residues on her tongue then transfering to you by licking? Maybe it has nothing to do with her? Just hopefull thinking maybe.
Glad to hear shes coming along though, I folled your other post about training her.
This is a possibility and something to be explored. I somewhat discount it because there is another dog in the house and it is rare for animals to be fed different foods or to use different flea meds or other items on them, but please rule these things out too.
Darn,, thought I was on to something there.lol thrown off by a second dog.
correct me if I'm wrong but this is a new problem for you right? you've had her a while and all of a sudden your developing this allergy?
Try to think if anything has changed at all with her. I only bring this up because all of a sudden in the last 2 weeks one of our three cats has had 2 seizures, our vet has us monitoring everything to see if hes exposed to anything different, either indoors or out.
Which makes me think to if you have any other allergies maybe some how the dog is getting into something the other one is not, maybe shes eating grasses or weeds? Just shooting at the stars here I'll shut up now and follow along haha. just hope it all works out its obvious you and her are in love and hate to see you's seperated.
Nope. She doesn't get into anything that I wouldn't get into, I garden the backyard like crazy :D
I don't think I noticed it at first, just ignored it.. maybe after a month I realized she made me itchy.. and maybe two weeks ago I got hives for the first time. The one time I was training her and she kept licking the top of my hand it got really bad, that was a few days ago... o-o
Hmmm... I've had a similar incident. My parents' Boston Terrier bit me and I developed a reaction to the saliva on the surrounding skin. But it was something in her saliva, not the saliva itself. Cause she's licked me before without issue. So my thought was that maybe your dog ingests, licks, or chews on something that irritates you. But it could just be a goofy-dog-spit allergy like the others suggest. I wouldn't hesitate to bring it up at your appointment, though. The doctor can tell if it's a concern and what you should do. Just try not to let her lick you. (The dog, not the doctor.)
I'm wondering if you have any other allergies? Or does anyone in your family have allergies.
I know for me that my allergic reactions get worse in the Spring and Fall because I'm also allergic to various types of pollen. This means that my total histamine level goes up so something that might not bother me much (dust mites) is worse because the total allergy load is raised. I hope that makes sense.
I don't know your age, and I'm not asking, but some allergies that manifest in childhood, say before 20 or so, can sometimes resolve themselves. Usually allergies that start after 20 yrs old do not go away.
Well, if she was eating something, she'd have to be eating it constantly because I get itchy from touching her daily.
I'm the only person in my family with any allergy, seriously. I'm allergic to penicillin, it gives me hives, I've had the allergy since I was a baby. I'm 17 now, so still under 20..
Hopefully the doctor shall have an idea as to what it could be. Which he should.. cause he's a doctor. :D
Well, Docs are usually smart and can know more about a particular medical situation than you, but please never believe that they know more about YOU or YOUR situation.
We're all individuals and we all react differently in a given situation. You are the person most interested in your health and well being. Never let any mere doctor tell you, or worse make you *feel* any different. Do your research and go into any appointment prepared to ask questions.
Sparkyjoe, Very true, you can request an allergy test from your doctor to see what it is. It's probably his saliva. I am allergic to everything it seems.... basically.... air lol. I have indoor/outdoor allergys along with allergys to Sun laundry soap products and some cleaning chemicals. I also get headaches when I am around cats. I think that may be subconscious though since I can't stand them. If you don't like needles don't do the allergy test. You will probably be fine after you get a medicine though. If you want to try something over the counter I recomend chlortabs or claritan. It's better to talk to your doc first though. Always better.