Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 04-22-2012, 04:43 AM   #21 
Tikibirds

Quote:
Whiteface? That's your problem right there. Its known for being a party building because it is strictly freshmen
Not when I was there. It was the substance free building - and I think Adirondack was too. They didn't have an all freshman building. It was alot nicer then many of the other dorms - I had a friend that lived in...I forgot, it was across the street in one of the low rise dorms, it was like the ghetto over there. They even had a problem with people peeing in the hallways

And the food was disgusting. I would only eat at the smaller dinning hall, not the larger one because I always ended up with food poisioning, or yellow/green food or deep fried flies...

These are the only pics I can find from my time there:

The rooms were so small, the bed and the desk (which was really a table) was so small, you could barely sit at it - like the chair didnt fit betwen the two. and the phone was always falling off the dresser which is/was an automatic call to the police >.<

oooh to be somewhat thin again *sigh*

At least I didn't pick a school in the middle of nowhere like my sister did. She went to SUNY Morrisville and there is NOTHING there....She wen for 2 years, got an associates in equine something or other and said NO MORE. She hated it there, with a passion.

I looked to see if plattsburgh had a masters program for me, but they don't.

Last edited by Tikibirds; 04-22-2012 at 04:59 AM.
Tikibirds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 09:43 AM   #22 
Sivan

Wow. Yeah, I lived in ADK. Whiteface as a substance free building is hard to imagine. The food isn't that bad, they got a new food service when I came. Its still pretty gross and fatty now, relying on grease and salt to make up for flavour. Some of the things aren't bad but most I don't touch. If I work late and have to eat on campus I eat at Tim Hortons, which is new.

SUNY Morrisville is a farming college now. I didn't know they did....anything else. How strange. 0_0
Sivan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 04:32 PM   #23 
NoahG

I almost went to SUNY Morrisville...I was supposed to move up to the area (that was a bust, to put it in as polite and family-friendly of terms as I can) and, at the time, was planning to go into Animal Behavior. Yea, there's not that much in the area...though the Chinese restaurant there is pretty good. I kind of like rural though myself.

Sivan, Morrisville does a lot of equine-centered programs as well, in addition to their agriculture programs.
NoahG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 05:17 PM   #24 
Tikibirds

Morrisville is supposed to have one of the best equine programs in the country, which is why she went there. All remember is seeing a lot of abondoned farmhouses along the way.

There was another equine program she looked into, I think it was at Cortland? or maybe Cobbleskill? All i remember is it started with a C.

They offer more then just agricultural programs - there are a few bussiness and computer related ones, but most is still agriculture based.
http://www.morrisville.edu/academics/

Quote:
though the Chinese restaurant there is pretty good. I kind of like rural though myself.
we already live in a rural location...I guess it didn't bother her. I, on the other hand, need something more....bigger.
Tikibirds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 05:35 PM   #25 
NoahG

I was supposed to move into an old farmhouse that, half of which, had been converted into apartments. The apartment would have been really nice...if they had finished it.

Hmm...Cortland is up above Ithaca (closer to Ithaca than Morrisville), Corbleskill is further east (I think on the way to Albany if I'm not mistaken?), and the only other one I can think of is Cornell (in Ithaca) that is also one of the top for things like that (or just about anything, really...they're Ivy League and top-rated on any list I've seen them on). I don't know too much about Cortland or Cobleskill except that a friend is attending the former, and my older brother started to attend (and flunked out of) the latter. Oh, and of the three mentioned, they're the two that are SUNY.

Ah, I was thinking they were building up other programs/departments, but couldn't remember what. But, yea, they are still heavily agriculture and equine focused.

Haha, understandable. I like rural, as I said, but if not that then I tend to seem to like, at the least, easy access to a good-sized city. The in-between can be kind of frustrating.
Old 04-22-2012, 10:32 PM   #26 
Sivan

Ah, right. I consider "farm" related stuff to be with horses too but there is a difference. My bad. I know there is another rural school like Morrisville but I cannot remember its name. I do not think its Cortland...I applied for their Master's program and they only offered education courses. I didn't check their undergrad courses though.
Old 04-23-2012, 05:04 AM   #28 
titolatino1970

theres enough of us to make our own club
titolatino1970 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 08:52 AM   #29 
NoahG

Yea, I drove through possibly some of the worst of that between 2:30-3:00a today to get to work: mother nature is bi-polar, I swear...

I wasn't thinking it was actually too bad...until I hit the highway, that is.

I didn't realize that Cortland was primarily an education degree-based university (though, that is what my friend's currently working towards her master's in).
Old 04-23-2012, 08:31 PM   #30 
Sivan

Yeah, east coast weather has been bad. Rained hard all day. Way snowing around 3 AM on Monday.