Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 04-22-2012, 09:14 AM   #11 
Thikimo

Here's a upadte video if anyone wants to see it upclose: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KxFYJ8OhIro

Every two days I do about a 25-75% water change depending on water quality (amonia/nitrates).

His behavior has been the same. Swimming up the the glass when I'm near and I've seen something that looks like a bubble nest. He's been eating normally too.

I haven't added any aquarium salt just yet. I want to moniter it for a week before I add anything in just to be safe. His fin doesn't seem to be getting worse.
Thikimo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 12:22 PM   #12 
ANHEL123

He looks good. I don't think anyone will recommend aq salt. His don't have fin rot. Well at least not now. Only if he will get worse. But he looks fine. Very beautiful betta:)
ANHEL123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 12:50 PM   #13 
bettafishfinnatic

my betta boy ying started having this problem as well. so what i have come to relize is that it is just easier for me to exclued him and put him in his own little betta bowl all by him self with nothing in it. you can still feed him and do everyhting that you were doing before but just by himself and with no plants or pebbels or ANYTHING. and in time he should be better i have done this with all of my boys. and they are fine. in time he will heal and you should be able to add plants and other fish or add him to the tank again.
bettafishfinnatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 09:45 AM   #14 
jCo72

My betta has this exact problem too! I wasn't sure if it was fin rot or not but it has been going on for 2 months now. His fins still aren't healed! I actually just updated my post today that I made about this back in February. I hope your betta heals faster than mine
jCo72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 08:19 PM   #15 
Thikimo

2 months? Oh my, that's disheartening :\
Old 05-22-2012, 05:52 PM   #16 
Thikimo

So.. a month later. Here's an update.

His fins are tattered :( I've blocked the filter with a plastic mesh to be sure it wasn't the cause. Other than that, there's no plastics or sharp edges. The water is always clean and good levels of nitrate/nitrite/ammonia/ph.

I thought it was odd that the back fin was being evenly-spaced tears. Now the top and bottom fin are starting to split too. Can anyone be sure there's no fin rot?
Old 05-22-2012, 05:56 PM   #17 
Bettaluver4evr

Doesn't look like fin rot. I'd have to say tail biting. :/ Try doing extra water changes and then switching the decor around.
Bettaluver4evr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 05:58 PM   #18 
xShainax

Does he flare at every little thing?
xShainax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 06:04 PM   #19 
Thikimo

I've been adding new plants. The other day I've put in some floating plants (salvinia minima and amazon frog bit) and he built a little bubble nest under a patch.

He's quite peaceful. The only thing he flares at is the cap of a bright pink marker I occasionally put up to the tank for him to play with.
Old 05-22-2012, 06:08 PM   #20 
xShainax

My HM blew his tail so bad that he passed away
xShainax is offline   Reply With Quote