Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 04-21-2012, 02:07 PM   #1 
Sheldon31

Argh Kyon's had to move again!

Was doing the water change and gravel clean and the duck weed just disintergrated into mush! Making the water in there completely unsavable so even the 50% water change I was doing wasn't going to be enough. So I cupped Kyon much to his disgust then I started cleaning the gravel. I don't have a gravel hoover but as I mixed it up to get the gunk up to scoop it out I got this horrid rotten smell and noticed a very large amount of rotted plants, the duck weed had made a complete mess of the tank. All this in a week. I decided this tank needs a complete cleaning down.

I noticed this week I was losing a lot of water to evaporation so I checked the lid and it's a mess! It needs a patch job or a new lid altogether, great! So Ky has been acclimatised and settled into the 15 gallon tank with the tetras and the plants have gone in there too. He seems fine, no stress stripe! He usually gets mega annoyed at me for any remote change so it's all good. I've put some fresh IAL in there and aquascaped everything to accommodate for Kyon to have plenty of cover. The tetras seem a bit intimidated at first but have started to break away from their school a bit so I think they are okay. There are 30 odd plants in there for cover aswell as the big hollow rock for them to hide in. Kyon is exploring and isn't really bothering them. I've decided on 4 Sterbai (spelling?) Corydoras as my LFS has them 4 for 14 :D I love Jaydees. I meant to get a picture for Sivan's facebook group but left my phone in the car but the owner of the store said he'd allow it to support our cause yay! Not been to the other 2 places as my 3 year old was upset we couldn't bring any fish home today.

*sigh*
Sheldon31 is offline   Reply With Quote