Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 04-22-2012, 04:48 PM   #1 
garigou56

Betta Fish Hiding

Hi,

Is it normal that my Betta is hiding between plants in his tank? I'm worried that he might be depressed.

garigou56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 05:01 PM   #2 
Twilight Storm

If you just got him, or just put him in the tank, he might just be adjusting to the new tank. If he is new, give him a week.

Some of the bettas don't like really bright light, especially when they are adjusting to a new tank, he could be a bit freaked out by the tank light if you have one.

How long have you had him?
Twilight Storm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 05:11 PM   #3 
Sheldon31

It might be his personality to be a bit shy. If he's new he'll soon warm to you and as he learns that you are the one who feeds him and takes care of him he'll grow to love you back and will interact with you more. If you've had him a while check him for any other problems to make sure it's not disease. Is his tank heated and filtered? What size is it? tank mates?
Sheldon31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 05:55 PM   #4 
garigou56

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twilight Storm View Post
If you just got him, or just put him in the tank, he might just be adjusting to the new tank. If he is new, give him a week.

Some of the bettas don't like really bright light, especially when they are adjusting to a new tank, he could be a bit freaked out by the tank light if you have one.

How long have you had him?
i just got him yesterday from the pet shop. so yea i think its cause he's still adjusting..thanks:D
Old 04-22-2012, 05:56 PM   #5 
garigou56

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheldon31 View Post
It might be his personality to be a bit shy. If he's new he'll soon warm to you and as he learns that you are the one who feeds him and takes care of him he'll grow to love you back and will interact with you more. If you've had him a while check him for any other problems to make sure it's not disease. Is his tank heated and filtered? What size is it? tank mates?
i just bought him yesterday so yea i think its cause he's still new. he has a 1.5 gallon tank thats filtered and heated and no tank mates.. thanks:D

Tags
betta hiding