Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 04-22-2012, 10:37 PM   #41 
Olympia
TFK Moderator

Hmmm the shade garden is currently dominated by hosta, lily of the valley (and poison ivy). I'll look into those.
Besides your temperature being too low... Where are you hiding all these fish from your land lord? And when are you moving out, so you could provide them with better homes?
Olympia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 10:38 PM   #42 
ao
TFK Moderator

Anyway, as I've gotten the original answer for my post, I'm goig to take my leave :) thank you for everyone help and concern. I've also learnt something new today so it was all very helpful. I think it's time to let this thread sink into forum history ;)
ao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 10:42 PM   #43 
ao
TFK Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olympia View Post
Hmmm the shade garden is currently dominated by hosta, lily of the valley (and poison ivy). I'll look into those.
Besides your temperature being too low... Where are you hiding all these fish from your land lord? And when are you moving out, so you could provide them with better homes?
Oh one last post then :) I'll be moving out in one year, after I graduate. when I earn some money I'm going to put all my experimentation and the thigs I've learn in its process in a much larger tank. Jar is in my room on the table Land lord can't come into my room as it is locked when Im out and I have the only key. I was silly and kept the betta in the living room, and when he walked in he wasn't very pleased about it. Being where the heating was the living room had a stable temperature at around 80F, whereas the temperature in my room fluctuates greatly. I didn't have the money for two heaters and two new tanks so I adopted them out.
ao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 11:00 PM   #44 
kfryman

Sorry I was harsh :( I wasn't in a great mood at the time... I hope you the best of luck!
kfryman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 11:39 PM   #45 
lilyth88

It's one thing to be ignorant, it's an entirely different thing to be stubborn at the detriment of living animals.
lilyth88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 12:43 AM   #46 
jaela

I'm glad you're at least considering letting these fish live in proper conditions, and I hope you can do it sooner rather than later. It saddens me that your stance is to wait for your fish to die before you reconsider. Why not give them better care before it comes to that?

I would still strongly recommend you to at least rehome the oto and the cory, if you're still insisting on going with the setup you have. Obviously they're not going to breed if you only have one of each, so your comment about breeding a new species is already pretty ridiculous. These fish are going to be really stressed out until you either rehome them or they die, that's the harsh reality of it.
jaela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 11:06 AM   #47 
dramaqueen
Banned

Kfryman, we all have days like that.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 11:20 AM   #48 
BeckyFish97

I hope for your fishes sake you decide to do the right thing by them, they are live animals, and you are treating them like toys, you are killing them slowly, they will die a long and painful death, no animal deserves that and I feel very sorry for your poor fish.Don't mean to be rude, just truthful.

Last edited by BeckyFish97; 05-02-2012 at 11:33 AM.
BeckyFish97 is offline   Reply With Quote