Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 04-24-2012, 12:04 AM   #11 
kfryman

My Petsmart and Petco actually have nice selections to choose from, Petsmart actually has their bamboo sticking above water. Petco use to have terrestrial plants that were just sitting in water but the plant was out of the water, I went back on Saturday and they flooded the section again. It does bother me as well, u got kindle grass as well ok my first aquarium, though it barely rotted for months when I decided I needed to take it out.

Watch out for the tubes as well, half of the plants are usually non-aquatic as well. If it looks really cool and isn't Anubias, a sword, java fern with wrinkled leaves, or java fern wenditei or something like that it may be a non aquatic. The best way is to just study your plants, when you go to the store look at the plants and names then search it on the internet.

I think you thought the mondo was an onion plant maybe? It is aquatic, they just call it an onion plant as it looks like what the name suggests.
kfryman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 06:22 AM   #12 
wystearya

Quote:
Originally Posted by kfryman View Post

I think you thought the mondo was an onion plant maybe? It is aquatic, they just call it an onion plant as it looks like what the name suggests.
No. I looked up Mondo Grass to find out it's care (you know lighting and fertilizer, etc) and I discovered it is not a true aquatic plant that way. All the sites I went to said that it was not for aquariums and it would rot under water.

-----

I did get my money back from Petsmart yesterday. I brought in a printout from one of the sites that said it was not a true aquatic plant. They kept it, thought I am sure they will still have them for sale as if they were for aquariums. :/

At least I got my refund.
wystearya is offline   Reply With Quote