Olympia
TFK Moderator

He looks so much better already! <3
Olympia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 08:30 PM   #12 
LuckyBlue

Quote:
Originally Posted by xSTOTTSx View Post
I hate looking at the bettas in the local Walmart.. The water is always gross, most likely from the excessive amount of food they are given that rots at the bottom of their cups.. How do you go about getting a "No Charge" betta?
Complain enough about their care...they do get tired of hearing it....

I told him I'd like to take him off your hands.... no one will buy him. I'd like to take him and try to make him better. He said yes because he doesn't want the hassle of dealing with my complaining.....

This was the second time I had spoke to this manager... the first time I talked to him about Walmart not having live animals if they aren't going to put someone in charge of caring for them... pointed out "other" walmarts have discontinued live animals. He actually said he would bring it up at the next managers meeting.

This time he got an actual lesson about why they don't just need their cups full but they actually have to change out the water ..... I explained to him how easy it could be done... He noticed they all had a lot of water... I laughed and said WELL that is because I filled them the other day...

Then he said ok ... no charge.....
LuckyBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 10:02 PM   #13 
laoshun

you guys must have weird walmarts, They always have a scheduled water changing period when i check most the bettas are gone and somedays there are more bettas. Nice that you got the betta for free and is in a good home now! right on!
laoshun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 11:39 AM   #14 
Laki

Wow, nobody would buy him!??! He's so pretty! I guess kids are into the flashy reds and blues. Oh well, freebie fish all day and night!!

He's gorgeous.
Laki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 11:51 AM   #15 
MollyJean

How can you say he's ugly.. I don't like pale fish, but he's got that shine to him I really do like. Once he's doing better, bet he's really bright and shiny! Congrats on your rescue!
MollyJean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 12:00 PM   #16 
LuckyBlue

If you look at just his picture in the cup.... he wasn't too exciting.... I kept putting him up front at the store hoping someone would take him home... but he got "stuck" with me..
LuckyBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 12:09 PM   #17 
BeckyFish97

OMG HOW DID NOBODY BUY HIM?!(stupid walmart)Back to the point!HEEEEES GORGEOUSSSSSSSS!!!can I have him? :P lol I wish I had the space I would totally buy him from you, although if I had a betta like that I wouldn't let him go for anybody!
BeckyFish97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 02:41 PM   #18 
Kim

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyBlue View Post
If you look at just his picture in the cup.... he wasn't too exciting.... I kept putting him up front at the store hoping someone would take him home... but he got "stuck" with me..
Ironically he is probably a lot luckier than some of the flashier bettas that will end up in bowls on someone's counter. However, I agree with others..he is beautiful! And he's looking so much better now, good for you!
Kim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 03:27 PM   #19 
sparkyjoe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kim View Post
Ironically he is probably a lot luckier than some of the flashier bettas that will end up in bowls on someone's counter. However, I agree with others..he is beautiful! And he's looking so much better now, good for you!
True that! I just happened to be at Walmart this past weekend and of course looked at the bettas. They looked like they had clean water and thankfully no crazy person had put 2 into the same cup like I've heard can happen. But, as I was getting my groceries this woman and her daughter walked past me. I noticed them first because of the tiny little .5 gallon "betta kits", then I saw the little girl walking past with a betta in his cup. That poor fishy.
sparkyjoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 03:52 PM   #20 
Jessicatm137

Wow. He's beautiful! Can't believe no one got him!
Jessicatm137 is offline   Reply With Quote