Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 05-11-2012, 12:09 AM   #51 
Pataflafla

I'd like to update on Sabino's status.

She's almost 100% healed now. She has developed another issue in that she will only eat krill. She didn't eat for almost 2 weeks because she wanted the good stuff, so we finally caved and now she doesn't want to go back.

We plan on keeping her quarantined for a little bit longer before switching her to a 5 gallon to build her strength back up before moving her back into the sorority so she can balance everything out.

We haven't been able to set up the sorority successfully since our little queen has been out of action. Castor is quite the bully to Pollux when Sabino isn't present. We're also trying out Ping again because we recently found that Ping is in fact a girl, or enough of one to expel eggs. We're retrying everyone once Sabino is back up and running.

Unfortunately, we lost the male we planned to breed her to if we ever did breed her. He suffered some sbd, but was older and passed away very quickly. No loss of appetite, just some floaty butt and then he was gone. Moonshoes and Sabino would have made some very pretty babies.
Pataflafla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 06:50 PM   #52 
Sakura8

I am sooooo glad Sabino is getting back to normal. With the size of that hole in her side, I was pretty worried when you first posted about her. I'm really happy she's doing so much better and I think it's thanks to your great care, Pata.

I am sorry about Moonshoes though. :( Poor guy. If he was older, I wonder if he would have been able to spawn successfully anyway. *no experience with spawning*
Sakura8 is offline   Reply With Quote