Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 04-27-2012, 09:50 PM   #11 
gbose

I replaced the incandescents in two of my tanks with Fluorescents I got at Walmart in the pet/fish section. They work fine!

GBose
gbose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 11:38 AM   #12 
tomcat

mini bow 2.5 with 2 bettas

I have the mini bow with a divider. The divider fits very snuggly and goes to the top of the tank. I have two betas. A beautiful female, Ruby, on the filter side, and a gorgeous white male, Ghost, on the other side. No problems. Although I will tell you not to put a male on the filter side at the intake catches their fins and damages them. I am using the tank as equipped but am glad to see the recommendations on changing the light bulb.

Last edited by tomcat; 09-22-2012 at 11:40 AM.
tomcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 12:00 PM   #13 
vilmarisv

Be very careful when removing and replaciing the bulb. Those tanks are famous because the bulb socket will break for no reason... happened to me with 3 of those tanks and I realized what I had bought too late. They are now all used to hold water during water changes.
vilmarisv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 01:30 PM   #14 
kfryman

Quote:
Originally Posted by vilmarisv View Post
Be very careful when removing and replaciing the bulb. Those tanks are famous because the bulb socket will break for no reason... happened to me with 3 of those tanks and I realized what I had bought too late. They are now all used to hold water during water changes.
My 2.5 gallon's hood broke, so I guess thats why... Cheap tanks... Hope my 5 gallon's didn't, because I might use it in the future again.
kfryman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 02:45 PM   #15 
jag14

I almost got that 2.5 tank. I found a 3 gallon Marineland tank for the same price. It has a led light that I really like. The filter that came with it is not good for bettas. It is a 90 gallons per hour internal filter. It is a whisper, good quiet filter, just not suitable for bettas. Mine lasted 3 days before I found him sucked up under the filter. I will be using an azoo power filter designed for desktop tanks instead. I did start to get the 2.5 with a divider. I really like this 3 gallon Marineland set up.
jag14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 03:11 PM   #16 
scootabout

Man. Does it not bother anyone else that the place where the filter sits in the MiniBow covers up half the lightbulb?
scootabout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 04:18 PM   #17 
goldfishyman

Quote:
Originally Posted by jag14 View Post
I almost got that 2.5 tank. I found a 3 gallon Marineland tank for the same price. It has a led light that I really like. The filter that came with it is not good for bettas. It is a 90 gallons per hour internal filter. It is a whisper, good quiet filter, just not suitable for bettas. Mine lasted 3 days before I found him sucked up under the filter. I will be using an azoo power filter designed for desktop tanks instead. I did start to get the 2.5 with a divider. I really like this 3 gallon Marineland set up.
http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/b...-betta-115070/ try this on the intake to slow down the filter flow. Always add a sponge to the intake basket. I bought that to try out but went to amazon.com to see the reviews. The small Aqueon tanks are bad news. One person said he put it in his daughters room and heard a loud pop. Ran to her room found that the cord had been ejected from the wall socket because the light had melted and shorted out. I promptly returned the tank. I use the tetra 1.5, with internal impeller pump and filter and LED lights. They make larger sizes so give those a try. I do push the filter to the bottom with a sponge to prevent he fish from getting sucked in and I add custom filter material with a sponge replacing the cartridge it comes with.
goldfishyman is offline   Reply With Quote