Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 04-17-2012, 10:41 PM   #1 
Bethydan

So I find my episodes of brain fog more amusing than anything else.

Thanks to a dysfunction of my autonomic nervous system, I have occasional periods of time when I'm in a brain fog and easily confused. Which makes for much hilarity among family and friends. For instance:

- I discovered that you cannot open a can of peas with the sink faucet. Even when the water is running.

- Eggs are not typically stored in the measuring cup cabinet. Also, the refrigerator is not an appropriate place to store measuring cups.

- Taking a bottle opener and slamming it up against the side of the fridge dramatically does not make it magnetic. It will not stick. It will just fall down loudly onto the floor. My younger sister found this discovery to be particularly riotous.

- Dirty dishes don't go in the bedroom. You're supposed to carry them into the kitchen instead and deposit them in the dishwasher. This also applies to bathrooms. And living rooms. Pretty much any room that isn't the kitchen.

Just thought I would share these tidbits with you guys so you know.
Bethydan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 01:51 AM   #2 
Bombalurina

I do things like that, and I don't have dysfunctional brainy bits (as far as I know). :p I put cereal in the fridge, walk into doors, try to open cans with spoons, etc.

The worst ones happen when I'm tired. I was convinced that the fire alarm going off was somehow connected to my watch (it wasn't) so that if I kept my arm very still it wouldn't go off again (it did). Then another night I was so concinved that there was a diplomatic embassy from the owl kingdom in the bathroom. And I once got really confused about my rat and put him in the wrong cage, then got up and took him back to the sofa where we were sleeping. Poor boy, he was so confused. :p

Thank you for sharing your brain blips! I lol'd.
Bombalurina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 04:19 AM   #3 
MollyJean

Had one just today. Went to the grocery store, got everything on my list, checked out... and started putting the cans and eggs and boxes of macaroni back into my buggy... without grocery bags. The cashier was just gawking at me.. I put everything back on the checkout counter and waited for her to bag it all, claiming I was really tired... >.>
MollyJean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 07:44 AM   #4 
ILLBETHEJUDGE

I so have to post this.
Walking with my son from the store to the parking lot, i was gonna throw away a candy wrap in the trash can but instead i threw my car keys and $20 needles to say when i went back to look for the keys and the money they were gone as always there is a lot of people pick up cans to recycle; Locksmith charge $180 for a new set of keys and $20 i lost for a grand total of $200.
Happens to everybody at least i wanna think so.
ILLBETHEJUDGE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 08:26 AM   #5 
Shirleythebetta

Oh boy, glad to know i'm not the only one who has issues. The thing I do the most is walk into a room determined to find something and instantly forget what I am looking for, Walk out and remember, then forget as soon as I go through the door again. Did that three times in a row one day.
I have also lost two sets of car keys one year ago and another set shortly after that. My husband had to replace the ignition in the middle of January. I still have yet to find either set of keys.
Shirleythebetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 08:37 AM   #6 
Laki

Wow. Funny what our brains can do on exhaustion or little nutrition. Though, you having a real dysfunction of the autonomic nerve system is intriguing; how did it happen? I did one intro psychology course and I found the chapters on brain dysfunctions and behaviour one of the most interesting! (I'm doiing a drugs and behavior course this spring semester too)

I mean, I have my moments. I mean, forgetting important things and confusing my words so it sounds almost like I have traumatic brain injury :(
Laki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 08:44 AM   #7 
registereduser

I will no longer blame my brain farts on old age
registereduser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 03:39 PM   #8 
Sakura8

I tend to walk into stores and just stand there, wondering why the heck I came there and what I was supposed to get. I also walk into doors and walls and bang knees against table edges. I also cannot recall faces. I didn't recognize my own neighbor and later on, I mixed him up with his brother.

My dad is the best at these though. The phone rings, he answers it and talks for a few minutes, hangs up. Few minutes later, he turns to my mom and me. "Who was on the phone?"
Sakura8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 04:22 PM   #9 
Laki

The lady who did my interview for a new restaraunt doesn't recognize faces either! She told me her husband wore a new cap and she walked right past him. Imagine!! lol Maybe that's also why I didn't hear back yet about the job :(
Laki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 04:27 PM   #10 
Sakura8

Haha, glad to hear I'm not the only one without face recognition. Although that's a bummer about the job.
Sakura8 is offline   Reply With Quote